Seven

Candice woke up with a strange feeling that something was going to happen. She got out of bed just as her sister walked in. "I got something for you."

The blonde looked at her twin as she showed the dress and mask causing Candice to realize that the Lockwoods were hosting a masquerade ball. Something she was unsure of. "I don't know." She says. "With Katherine wanting to use me for something that she refuses to tell, I'm about sure that if I show up at that ball, she will do something to me if she's in danger."

Caroline looked at her sister. "Damon won't let that happen."

"I know, but still. She is one tricky bitch." Sighing, Candice looked at her sister. "Just lay the dress down and I will figure out if I'm going or not."

"Thank you."
~~~
Damon looked at Candice as she sat in silence. "What's wrong?" He asked as he sat beside her.

"I know Katherine is up to something." She tells him. "I know you two want answers, but are you two going to be able to kill her."

"I will." Damon says. "I have no feelings for that bitch."

"But Elena is her look a like. Are you sure that you can harm someone that is my friend?"

Damon looked at her. "My blood turned your sister. I know how to tell Katherine and Elena apart because one thing that is different from them is that she doesn't play." He tells her moving her blonde hair. "I don't care who I kill as long as you are safe. You are the only one I care more for."

Elena looked at Stefan who was smiling. "Even though she won't tell him how she feels, Damon will do everything he can to keep Candice Forbes safe." Elena tells him.

"I think he sees you as a friend."

"Yep, but I'm sure he'll kill all of us if something happened to Candice."

They looked back at them as they were talking. "I think you may be right."

"I know I'm right."
~~~
Later that night, Candice walked out of her bathroom and saw her dress still laying on her bed. She knew her sister wanted to spend time with her, but at the same time, she didn't really want to go because she's not that stupid. "Ugh." She grabbed the dress. "I guess I'm going, but if that psychotic bitch has done something to me, I will kill her myself."

Walking back into the bathroom, Candice started getting ready not knowing her phone was lighting up with texts from her sister and friends telling her to stay home. They didn't want Katherine harming her, but the blonde never once looked at her phone as she was going to go to this ball.
~~~
Jeremy saw Candice walk through the doors. "I thought she told Damon that she wasn't coming."

Bonnie turned to see Candice, but noticed her grabbing her side. "Oh no." She tells him as she ran along with Caroline and Elena. "Katherine linked herself to Candice. Go stop them."

Jeremy nodded as he ran upstairs to the room that held Katherine and the brothers. "Stop!" He tells them from the doorway. "The more you stab Katherine, the more pain Candice is in."

"Candice?" Damon asked. "What do you mean?"

"She came." Katherine says. "I knew she would because she wanted to spend the night with her sister and friends. I targeted the one girl that is very special and loved."

Damon went to attack her, but Stefan grabbed his brother. "Unlink her now!"

"Not till I get the moonstone."
~~~
Candice felt relieved and looked at her sister. "I told you so."

"And I deserve that." She says. "Go home. I'll let Damon know that you had went home."

Candice nodded as she walked away. She knew that coming was a bad idea, but she wanted to forget about the vampires and why Katherine was back, but that didn't happen as she knew Katherine was one step ahead.

A man saw the girl he was told. It was either Katherine's doppelgänger or Alana's. He was choosing Alana's doppelgänger as Katherine's was still in side.

Candice felt like she was being followed. When she turned, everything went black.