I Thought It'd Be Okay..

ANGST
SH, ED, RAZOR BLADES, SUICIDE ATTEMPT, DRUGS, ALCOHOL, ABUSE, HOMOPHOBIA, TRANSPHOBIA, SLURS, AUTOPHOBIA, ETC.

I took a deep breath and opened the front door to my so called "home." It didn't feel like home. As soon as I walked in, my father grabbed me and threw me to the floor. "What the hell is this?!" He yelled, throwing my trans pride flag at me. "It's n-nothing! It's just a flag..that's all!" You said back, hoping he'd believe you. "I know that flag. Your a tranny!" He yelled. He threw a bottle of alcohol at me, hitting the wall next to me, leaving glass shards in the side of my face, neck, and arm. "Grab your shit and get out!" He yelled. "..yes sir" you said, trying not to cry.

You ran to your room to grab your things, slamming the door behind you. As you were packing your things, you called your best friend, and crush, Eddie. "Hey y/n! What's up?" - "my dad found my flag and he's kicking me out.." - "oh shit- I'm so sorry..do you have anywhere to stay?" - "no..I was hoping I could stay with you?" - "yea of course! I'll be there in about 10-15 minutes, okay?" - "okay..thank you Eddie..see you soon" you said, and hung up the phone.

Once you finished packing, you went outside to wait. You sat on a bench near the front of your house, listening to music on your Walkman. After a few minutes, you fell asleep.

{Eddie's POV}

I pulled over at a sidewalk near the bench he was on. When I got out and walked over to him. I saw shards of glass in almost the entire left side of his body. 'Holy shit..' I thought.

I carefully picked him up and carried him to my van. I set him down in the passenger side, buckled him in, and took off his Walkman. I ran over to the drivers side, got in, and started driving to the Wheeler house. I didn't have anything to clean his wounds at my place, and I figured the Wheelers would.

I parked in front of the Wheeler house, carefully grabbed y/n, and carried him inside. "Sorry to intrude. Do you have anything I could clean him up with?" I asked Mike, placing y/n on a nearby couch. "Holy shit- uhh NANCY!!" Mike yelled. Nancy came running down the stairs yelling, "what?! What in the world happened to him?!" She said, seeing y/n. "Do you have anything I can clean him up with?" I ask, getting impatient. "Uh, yeah. One second" Nancy says, before walking off somewhere.

Nancy comes back with some tweezers and rubbing alcohol. "Take him to the kitchen and clean the cuts with soap and water" she says, handing me the stuff she brought. "You really care about him, don't you?" Nancy asks me. "I mean, yeah. We've been best friends for years" I say. "Eddie? Do you love y/n?" Nancy asks. I stare at her for a second, "I don't know how to answer that.." I say, confused on why I couldn't think of an answer.

I carefully wake y/n up and carry him to the kitchen counter. "This is probably gonna hurt" I say after cleaning the tweezers with the rubbing alcohol. He nods at me and I slowly take out each piece of glass.

Once all the glass is out, I clean around the cuts with soap and water. "What happened y/n?" Mike asked. "My dad found my flag while he was drunk and he kicked me out. The glass is from an alcoholic bottle that he threw" he says, trying not to cry. "Are you ready to go to my place?" I ask, ruffling his hair, knowing it makes him feel better. He nods and I help him off the counter. We thank Nancy and Mike for the help, and we leave.

{Y/n's POV}

On the way back to Eddie's place, he unconsciously puts his hand on my thigh. I stare at his hand for a moment, before placing my hand on his. He takes his hand away after realizing it was on my thigh, "Sorry.." he says, obviously embarrassed. I grab his hand, putting it back where it was. He tries to hide hide his smile, but fails miserably. I smile to myself and continue staring out the window.