Corruption and Awakening

Before dungeon appearance...

Aoru : I've brought back more food!

Hokoro : You're such a good doll.

Hokoro rubs Aoru's head. Aoru sits next to Hokoro on the grassy patch. He then forms an icicle and begins playing with it. Spinning it in the air, pretending to attack someone.

Aoru : So! We're gonna head over to your guild's base right?

Hokoro nods.

Hokoro : Yes, if that guy's intel is correct, we should be able to meet up with them.

Aoru : Yay! Then I'll get to meet your friends!

Hokoro : Haha, yes. Yes you will. I'm sure they'll be happy to let you join.

Aoru : I'm so excited!!! Eeek!!!

Aoru starts jumping around, icicle in hand. He gets so excited that he almost pokes Hokoro in the eye with that icicle.
Hokoro calms Aoru down, saying that they should get going if he wants to meet his friends. Aoru nods enthusiastically. Hokoro stands, lunging a bag of fruits over his shoulder. He then begins walking with Aoru following beside him. The bag looks heavy. However, it is nothing for Hokoro. During the past few days, Hokoro has managed to help raise their stats significantly. It was a wish the man gave them for killing off so many people. The male was suspicious at first but the man did what he promised, so Hokoro only trusted him ever so little.

The sunlight shines down on them as they trudged forward. Hokoro cannot wait to meet up with his friends. It has been so long since he saw them. The male hopes they are doing okay. Well, they should be okay since they ranked up to B-Rank. Hokoro would love to help the guild rank up more afterwards. He now is able to do something. To attack. To help out. He will finally not be useless. Hokoro feels so proud of himself. He hopes the guild has not forgotten about him. The male has been away for quite a while. Nevertheless, Hokoro believes that they'll remember, especially Akumo. He seems to have a knack for remembering things. Hokoro also hopes that Aoru will be accepted into the guild. He's sure that Akumo will find him useful once he finds out that they're bounded.

Aoru skips as they travel along the rocky road. The male whistles a lovely tune. Hokoro would like to reach his guild's camp before the sun sets, but he'll see how it goes. They might just have to take a small pit stop halfway through. They'll probably only stop for one night though. The next day, they definitely should be able to reach the camp. Hokoro could feel himself getting super excited as he walked on. All of this was so exciting. The two of them walked through open landscapes and dense forests. After some walking, Aoru began to complain that his legs hurt and he was tired. Hokoro did not want Aoru to get even more hurt during the trip, so they stopped at a nearby cave. Hokoro places the bag of food down, asking Aoru to eat so he can replenish his energy.

Aoru : What about you?

Hokoro : I'll go look around the area first. I'll be back soon.

Aoru nods and waves goodbye to Hokoro as he teleports away. The male reappears under the shade of a tree. Hokoro then begins walking. The cool wind blows against him. The male faces forward, eyes glued to the front. Or at least that's what he looks like from a third party perspective. In actuality, he is moving his eyes quickly, making minuscule movements as he observes every single detail around him. This would be very hard to do if it were not for his skill. Hokoro walks at a steady pace. You could tell that he is completely relaxed. The walk was quite pleasant. Hokoro has not seen anybody yet so he is very glad. It would be a shame if he had to kill somebody today. Especially when he was in a good mood.