28

You slowly opened one eye

You first caught glimpse of the ceiling, it was a unfamiliar-yet-familiar ceiling.

A hospital ceiling.

Then you noticed a figure hovering over you, it seemed sad and worried the figure.

The figure was no other than your lover, Kazuha.

You then recalled the flashback and guilt washed over you, how long did he stay here? should you tell him you just stood there while his friend got beaten to pulp.

You stayed silent, trying to avoid contact, how could you anyway face him after all that?

"y/n, im glad your awake its been 3 days" Kazuha nearly cried from happiness.

"3 days?!" You now shot up, absolutely shocked. "Oh my god but Ayak-"

"I dealt with it all for you, even your assignments" Kazuha assured you, you then grabbed his neck, pulling him on the bed whilst smiling.

However Kazuha kept a bubble, he knew something was up.

"Ready to talk about it?" Kazuha finally asked, you were genuinely confused.

"About what?" You asked.

"Your flashback" Kazuha stated as your eyes widened, you seriously wanted to cry right now.

"How did you...."

"Stupid y/n" Kazuha then inhaled before explaining,

"I knew all along who you were, why would I not know you when you were almost Scaras guard dog" this caused you to let out a slight chuckle.

Kazuha then continued, "It wasn't your fault y/n, I see what scaras like, I didn't actually recognise you at first but then I saw your id and first I thought about how similar we were and then I thought and thought and I realised"

"I did good at changing my appearance then haha" You smiled.

"What even caused you to change your appearance?" Kazuha asked and you sighed.

"Instinct" You winked, Kazuha then laughed before reaching into his bag.

"Whats that?" You asked, your attention fixated on the paper now in Kazuha's hands.

"Let me read it" You then fell silent as Kazuha recited the poem.

The poem he made for you.

I wanna be yours
secrets I have held in my heart
are harder to hide than I thought
Maybe I just wanna be yours
I wanna be yourssss

wanna be your vaccum cleaner
wanna be your fort cortina

as he was reciting you suddenly pulled him right on top of you, almost strangling him into a hug.

"Silly motherfucker, I am yours" You kissed his forehead as he blushed in your arms.

You both stayed like this, just you and him.

It was all you needed.

"By the way Kazuha" You broke the cuddle, Kazuha looked at you. "hm?"

"What happened to Scaramouche?" You asked, now Kazuha looked down with a pause before then responding.

"He ran off, I don't know where though"

This slightly worried you but for some reason, Kazuha's presence alone made it feel okay, like it would all be okay and you didn't need to worry.

Just then, you heard two people making their way to their bed.

Ayaka and yoimiya.

Ayaka seemed filled with worry, she looked restless or as if worry was a person and yoimiya looked equally awful, considering her cheeful self it horrified you to see her almost on the verge of tears.

"Y/n!! we were so worried" Yoimiya cried running to you, Ayaka was too scared to even talk.

"Guys it's okay, i'm okay"

Ayaka looked away before looking back at you again.

"Y/n, I never recognised you as Scaramouches side woman great change"

"Glow up for real" Yoimiya butt in as you let out a chuckle.

Kazuha was still on the bed, his hand gripping yours, never seeming to let go.

You promised to never let him go.

After Yoimiya and Ayaka left, Kazuha decided to get up aswell and before leaving he looked back at you.

"You can come to Tomo's funeral after your discharged" You smiled in response. "And don't forget to take care of yourself" Kazuha added on before leaving the room.

You threw your head back, smiling like an idiot.