Author's Note

Dear readers,

We got introduced to a lot of new characters in the last ten chapters, so I want to take the time to give them all a bit of background. The details will be given later on for the Band of Nomads. I'm also thinking of writing a novella about their ancestors and how they got to the Sanctuary. A quick reminder, before I continue, there will be NO UPLOAD NEXT WEEKEND. I also published a new book. A fun little quick romance novel that you all can enjoy on your down time. Check out my profile for it!

Let's begin...

-Rhydian of Axinite: He's a bit English, even though everyone is more or less English. If you've ever seen Max Irons in anything he's done (The White Queen, The Host), he's who I think that Rhydian appears like. Maybe a bit boyish, more mischievous. He is quiet by nature and extremely observant. Rhydian is from Axinite, a fishing county. I know I haven't explained the Nine Regions in detail, but that's on purpose. During the last phases of the final battle, he was imprisoned in Ouroboros for cowardice. He speaks about his family dynamic, but not in full detail. I did this to try to convey how estranged he was from his family. Maybe 'estranged' is a strong word. Maybe...different from the rest of his family, is the correct way to explain that.

-The Pendragons: There's not much that I can explain now that will spoil the rest of their arc. I believe I explain their background well enough in their chapters. Although, I think that their reaction to Merlin was out of nowhere but if you're familiar with his history, I think it makes sense. 

-Lancelot du Lac: We all know who Lancelot is, but if you don't, here's a summary. Lancelot was one of Arthur's knights and his best friend. Eventually, after many years of Arthur being King, Lancelot and Arthur's wife, Guinevere, fall in love and ran away together. Everything in between was just a series of adventures against evil and he was very good at persevering. In my story, it's a tab different. It'll have more insight behind the relationships between one person and the other. All in all, he fought hard for the people he loved. In the aftermath of Arthur dying, he gives up and hides away. Val is the one that returns a part of himself that he lost when Arthur died. Fun fact, Lancelot is actually bisexual in many, MANY of the stories. His lovers range from female to male. He had a long-standing relationship with a man, one of his longest. I am going to keep his sexuality in my book since I've never seen any retellings with him that has kept or spoke about his sexuality.

-Merlin: I mean, everyone knows Merlin. I think that my interpretation of him is very different from what we've seen on tv. Merlin doesn't have the white long beard and isn't a really old guy. He's young, around his twenties, with platinum hair and blue eyes. I want everyone to know that these appearances have changed from the beginning of my writing process. Everything about his from the legends have beautifully interpreted in various adaptations. I have yet to see one that I hate to my very core. But, with that being said, let's talk about Merlin's involvement in the story. He has a vested interest in helping Val. Why do you think that is? (You can answer in the comments.) Merlin always made himself responsible in maintaining the balance. Good vs bad. Nature vs man. Mortality vs immortality. Whether Merlin was a good person or not, he has always looked at everything logically. I wonder if he'll keep that same energy later on...

Fun facts about locations!

They are all modeled and based on cities, villages, and towns from the legends and modern-day settings in Europe. I won't be spoiling which ones are important and which ones are symbolic. Just keep an eye out! I actually really like what I did with that information. I did so much research for you guys. I hope you guys love it.

If you guys have any questions that you want answered in the next Author's Note, just comment here. If you have any questions about the characters above, comment on the character's paragraphs. I'll be doing Arathmus and other characters next time!

With Love,

Queen_Narix <3