45

TW: gun, death, violence

SHAN

"Why?"

I was not surprised to see her in front of my hotel room after our conversation downstairs. I felt sorry for Samantha and Clyden for leaving too early, but I just could not have fun when my mind was full of things to mind. 

It was wrong. Getting close to her again. Siya lang ang mahihirapan kapag nangyari 'yon... but  I could not get rid of my feelings. I already tried that before, but until now, it was still here. It just won't go away. 

"What is it? What do you want to-"

"I'm still in love with you!" Those words echoed in the hallway like it was begging to sink into my mind. 

That was the best confession I ever heard in my life. It made me so happy. My feelings and emotions were overflowing. 

I got so much love to give to her.

Making love to her was intimate. It was not like before. I felt closer to her heart... I could feel her heartbeat. I could feel everything about her. I could not let her go anymore... not when I finally got to hold her again. 

I woke up earlier than her. I made coffee before I went back to the room, placing the coffee on the side table. I sat beside her while she was sleeping peacefully.

"I hope you don't have nightmares anymore," I whispered as I softly comb her hair with my fingers. "I hope you're not in pain... It pains me too." 

While she was asleep, I made some calls for our date. I wanted us to have a date here before I went home for work.

Seeing how fascinated she was while looking at the artwork made my heart so happy. I longed for the day when she would display all her works in a museum or in an exhibit because her artworks were as beautiful as she was. 

I liked hearing her talk. Gusto ko kapag may sinasabi siya, then she looked so excited to say it. Kahit alam ko na, mas gusto kong magkunwaring hindi pa so I won't ruin her excitement of saying it. 

Whenever she smiled as she talked, I would feel something in my stomach and chest. I loved her a lot. My feelings for her were overflowing.

"Excuse me," I said before answering a call. We were on a cruise dinner. 

[Patay na ho si Mackoy, kagabi lang sa kulungan.] It was one of the men I hired for the private investigation.

"What?" My eyes widened in surprise. 

[Nagkaroon daw po ng kaguluhan kahapon sa bilangguan at nagka-initan kaya nasaksak siya. Patay sa limang saksak.] 

"Alright, tell me more about it when I'm back. I'm flying home this midnight."