11

Tw: mentions of Jason
1794 words

We're skipping a day because I don't have enough ideas for cabin scenes and I didn't realize there was an extra day before the whole Jason thing so you can fill that in with your ~imagination~ I'm sorry-

You woke up in the boat house, body aching from sleeping on the hard floor. Hopefully there wasn't too much more of this. Looking around your eyes met Eddie still asleep, he was out like a light. There was an overwhelming silence throughout the room, begrudgingly you got up to rewind the song for about the millionth time.

You had a seat by the stereo, taking a deep breath and laying your head back against the wall. Eddie knew now, basically everything that happened in your life the past year. All you could do was hope he wouldn't treat you differently now, he hasn't so far. It's not like you did it because you were insecure, it was more so for the feeling of something in your life you could control. Well 'control' was all going out the window by now.

Eddie snored slightly across the room, as peaceful as he ever was when sleeping. It was still slightly dark out, maybe being earlier than you imagined. The tapes finished rewinding and you pressed play.

𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎

𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎

𝚆𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Every single word, every beat and key of the song was engraved in your mind by now. Without it even playing you'd be able to recite it perfectly. It wasn't even getting old or annoying it was just like another part of the routine now. The meaning of the song was way too important to hate it.

A feeling of unrequited love so powerful it fucks up your entire life. But the love wasn't with another person. You thought of yourself as two different people, the one you knew and the one everyone else knew. You loved the you that was up front around other people, but that version of yourself didn't love the fragile, mentally unstable you back. Every waking moment you separated yourself between the two personalities so much, one was thriving while the other was in shambles, more and more.

An unreciprocated self love.

𝙼𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚒𝚛

𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛

𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚊 𝚐𝚞𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍,
𝙾𝚑, 𝙸 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚜𝚘

Eddie was stirring awake by the time the song played twice, halfway through the third.
"Well good morning sleeping beauty."
"Oh shut up it's still early," he said looking at his watch, "see, 8:17." He showed his watch to you more as a theatric as he rubbed his face with one hand.
"Whatever you say princess," you said earning a groan from him.

He sat up, mirroring your position with his head back on the wall and eyes closed.
"Tired still?" you asked.
"Shh shh let me wake up." he groaned out rubbing his temple. After a few moments he let out a deep breath saying "okay I'm up." but not moving.
"You sure? Looks to me like your sitting."
"Oh haha."
"I'm so funny aren't I?" you remarked snarkily.
"Fucking hilarious." he said matching your tone.
"Should we find something to make for breakfast?"
"Yep." he jumped up from where he was sitting, "come on, let's go, hurry."
"Jeez alright, weren't you just asleep 2 minutes ago."
"Yea well I'm hungry let's go."