14

Sorry for the delay,
Tw: Jason (only at the end), whatever happened in the show

Everyone was rushing around, rummaging through Eddies room for some kind of music Nancy would like.

"Steve says you need to hurry!" Erica yelled running back from the portal.
"We're trying!"
"We can't find anything."

"What is all this shit?" Robin yelled, frustrated, she was on his bed looking through some tapes.
"What are we even looking for?" Eddie shouted quickly running over to Robin with another box full of tapes.
"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music, we need music!" She raised her voice at Eddie desperately.
"This. Is. Music!" Eddie yelled back grabbing the tape out of her hands.

Only moments later Steve's frantic attempts at waking Nancy up had stopped, it was quiet out there except for a few whispers. Everyone stopped searching turning towards the door.
"Erica, it's too quiet go check on them!" Dustin hollered.

She ran back down the hall looking through the portal for a second before turning and saying towards the group.
"She's awake guys!"
---

There were only a few hours till morning, but everyone collectively agreed at least a little sleep was important for whatever happened the next day. Steve decided as the group appointed babysitter, he would stay up with Nancy while she calmed down and keep watch. You and Eddie were out in seconds from being awake for almost 48 hours.

When you woke up, most of the others were still sleeping. The only ones awake were Steve, Nancy, and Max. You fell asleep sitting up while Eddie, somehow through the night, found his way to laying on your lap with his legs draped over the arm of the sofa. Your legs felt heavy and hurt from sleeping in jeans for days, some scrapes from falling in the upside down hurt but definitely not too bad.

"Hey y/n, sleep okay?" Max asked from the other end of the couch, soft enough to not wake the others.
"Yea, yea thanks." you nodded. "Is Nancy okay?" you asked turning to where Steve and Nancy sat on chairs in front of everyone. Steve nodded.
"Still a little disoriented but I think she's alright."

"Hey y/n," Max started, "how have you gotten this far without your music?"
"I wish I had an answer, maybe he got tired of me, maybe he can't attack when someone's sleeping or in the upside down," you looked up at the portal, "I've been humming the song maybe that's enough. But," you paused for a moment. "I can still feel him, I know he's there I just don't know why he hasn't tried to kill me yet."
She nodded showing she understood but was contemplating something in her head.
---

Hours passed, it was fully light outside now, everyone was awake and gathered around Nancy like some sick story time at a library.

She explained everything in her vision now, still surely shaken up by it. Even hearing it felt horrible but she had to witness it. All the children with psychic powers where Eleven grew up were numbered. Vecna being 001 and Victor Creels son Henry. She also saw some giant monster surrounded by an army of other monsters. Vecna also showed Nancy her family in danger, it took her effort to get the words out almost every syllable got caught in her throat barely becoming audible.

"Okay but, Nance he's just trying to scare you." Steve tried his best to reassure. "I mean it's not real."
"Not yet, but there was something else. He showed me gates," she continued "five gates, spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer. But they didn't stop growing, and this wasn't the upside down Hawkins, this was our Hawkins."

Something then clicked for you, "Five chimes," you said abruptly, earning the others attention.
"Vecna's clock," Max continued for you, catching onto what you meant. "It always chimes five times."
"Five exactly."
"I heard them too."