𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝑂𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠

🥠

Yuna hummed to herself, cleaning the dusty boxes in the attic.

Cleaning has always been one thing that she obsesses over since she's a clean freak. No matter how much tired she gets, she wouldn't stop until everything is squeaky clean.

"So many boxes" she mumbled, sighing after as she moved one more box to clean another below. "I swear to God. Yeri brought her whole apartment. God!" She grumbled when she saw the pending boxes which belonged to her housemate aka friend.

When Yuna had ran away from the hospital 16 years ago, she was lost and alone. Until she stumbled upon Kim Yeri, a carefree woman who didn't hesitate to help another.

When Yeri met Yuna in a cafe that she was working in, Yeri had taken a great liking to the lady. Especially Haemin, who was always carried on Yuna's back since she didn't have any nanny.

And Yuna doesn't trust anyone with her baby. The child was too precious to her and also her only family.

She'd rather die than let anything happen to her little princess.

But as Yeri became a regular customer, Yuna was offered to work comfortably while Yeri looked after Haemin.

Yuna was reluctant at first, but after spending time with the woman, she began to trust her.

The mother and daughter quickly got closer to Yeri and saw her as their own family.

Yeri would often visit Yuna in her shabby apartment studio during her free days. She'd usher Yuna to go to work while Yeri would take care of Haemin.

"Eek!" Yuna shrieked when a spider crawled infront of her. She tried to squish it with her feet but it jumped and landed on her foot, which scared the shit put of her.

Poor Yuna shrieked so loud, that the whole room almost shook and she fell backwards, colliding with a stack of boxes.

Dust flew everywhere with the collision, Yuna coughing and sneezing because of it.

A box had fallen on her stomach and she pushed it away while sitting up, only to flinch from the pain that struck her back.

She mentally cursed at the spider that seemed to nowhere to be seen. Putting a hand on her back, Yuna tried to get up while using the other hand to put her weight on the floor.

But her pain seemed to be non existing when her hand pressed on a rough surface, unlike the dusty wooden floor.

Looking down sideways, her brows furrowed, but eyes widened as she recognized the object.

It was her diary - well one of them. Next to the book, the box stored with her diaries from the past 16 years was open and the books had fallen out.

Excitement filled her heart as she sat on her knees and pulled the box closer so that it slid the books towards her.

One by one, she looked at them, the urge to read each one of them. As she was rummaging through the books, the smile that was on her face vanished when she came across one book that was craved into her memory.

Her heart hammered against her chest as she stretched her hand to pick it up.

Blowing on it, she sneezed as the dust on it huffed back at her. Swatting her hand infront of her face, Yuna looked at the cover page and bit her lips.

The year of the diary was written in dark purple ink.

2009

🥠