Chapter 3

Andy's dad was also named Andy, and that name was carved into Sheriff Woody not by Andy, but in the 1950s by Andy's father.

After he got polio, Andy Sr.'s toys were burned, but he had hid Woody, sparing the cowboy doll that fate.

Alright everyone, this is a stick-
up!  Don't anybody move!  Now empty that safe!

Ooh!  Money.  Money.  Money. Mr. Potato Head said Stop it!  Stop it, you mean old potato! Andy said in a girls voice

Quiet Bo Peep, or your sheep get
run over! Potato Head said

Oh, no! Not my sheep! Somebody do something!
[Then the kid picks up a cowboy doll and pulls the string in it's back]

Reach for the sky Sheriff Woody said
Oh, no. Sheriff Woody One-Eye Bart said

I'm here to stop you, One-Eye Bart Woody said. D'oh! How did you know it was me? One-Eye Bart asked Are you gonna come quietly? Woody asked One-Eye Bart said

You can't touch me, sheriff. I've brought my attack dog, with a built in forcefield!

Well, I brought my dinosaur who eats forcefield dogs! Sheriff Woody said You're going to jail, Bart. Say goodbye to the wife and tatertots Woody added as Andy threw Mr. Pototohead into his baby sisters crib.

Andy still hadn't noticed Vallia DuBaer none of the toys did 

You've saved the day again, Woody. Andy said pulling Woody's pull string You're my favorite deputy.

Come on, let's round up the cattle.
[The boy turns two boxes with cows drawn on them and uses a skipping rope as a lasso]

Come on, Woody Andy said as he.
places him on the banister and Woody slides down it into his arms.

Andy and Woody spin in a chair Whoa! Andy shouts happily
[He saw Woody on the chair and put him down on the edge of the chair. Score! Andy said before He walked over to his mum.

Okay, birthday boy Mrs Davis said.
We saw it at the store, I asked you for it! Andy said

One, two- Four. Yeah, I think that's gonna be enough Mrs Davis counts the chairs

Can we leave this up until we move? Andy asked which was followed by the reply of  Mrs Davis sure, we can leave it.

Yeah Andy said which was followed by the voice of Andy's mother. Now go get Molly. Your friends are going to be here any minute Mrs Davis said

Okay. It's party time, Woody Andy said. Yee-haw! Andy shouts before
[He sets off up stairs]

Howdy, little lady Andy said as.
Molly squealed happily

Pull my string, the birthday party's today? Okay, everyone. Coast is clear.
[Woody watch as various other toys in the room come to life, including Mr. Potato Head

Ages 3 and up. It's on my box. Ages 3 and up. I'm not supposed to be babysitting Princess Drool he said.

Hey, Etch. Draw!
They draw with Etch sketching a picture of a gun Oh! Got me again Woody said Etch, you've been working on that draw. Fastest knobs in the West.

Got a staff meeting you guys. Come on. Let's go. The toys follow Slinky while Woody looks around for his doodle pad.

Roaaaaar!
How're you doin', Rex? Woody said which was followed by the reply of Rex. Were you scared? Tell me honestly. I was close to being scared that time.

I'm going for fearsome here, but I just don't feel it. I think I'm just coming across off as annoying Rex said.

Woody got grabbed by a crook and pulled towards Bo Peep]
Woody coughed before saying Ow! Oh, hi, Bo. Hi.

I wanted to thank you, Woody, for saving my flock. Oh, hey, it was, uh, nothin'. Woody said

What do you say I get someone else to watch the sheep tonight? Bo Replied causing Woody to start sheepishly giggling before he muttered Oh, yeah!

Remember, I'm just a couple of blocks away. Bo Peep says as she walks off, leaving Woody baffled.

Come on, come on. Smaller toys up front Slinky says just as Woody walks over to the podium and stands. Mike, a speaker with a microphone attached, clears his throat to get Woody's attention and held out his microphone.

Oh, thanks, Mike Woody said as he picks up the microphone OK..... Whoa, whoa. Step back Woody said as feedback echoed throughout the room.

For crying out loud Hamm says as Mike steps back until the feedback fades away

Thank you Woody says as he blows into the microphone Hello? Check. That better? Great. Everybody hear me? Up on the shelf, can you hear me? Great. OK. First item today: Uh... oh, yeah. Has everyone picked a moving buddy? Woody said

What? Rex said which was followed by the reply of Hamm. Moving buddy? You can't be serious.

I didn't know we were supposed to have one already. Rex said as
Mr Potato Head held one of his arms. Do we have to hold hands? He asked causing the toys to laugh.

You guys think this is a big joke. We've only got one week left before the move. I don't want any toys left behind. A moving buddy. If you don't have one, get one! Woody said before adding OK. Uh, oh, yes. One, uh, minor note here Woody read quietly. Andy's birthday party has been moved to today.

Panic erupted throughout the room. Uh, meeting adjourned Woody said.