Chapter 20

Hey, Mom?! Where are the matches? Oh, oh, wait, here they are. Nevermind...Woody ran towards Buzz who saw him and the mutant toys spread out to their positions.

Woody?! Great! Help me out of this thing! Buzz whispered shushing him What? Buzz asked It's OK. Everything's under control Woody whispered going limp and falls to the ground, confusing Buzz.

Woody?! What are you doing?!
Sid came out of his toolshed and Buzz freezes Houston, all systems are go. Requesting permission to launch -- Sid said talking like astronaut stopping when he saw Woody.

Hey! How'd you get out here? Sid asked picking Woody up looking at him for a moment Oh, well, you and I can have a cookout later. Ha-ha-ha... Sid laughs as he put Woody on a barbecue grill and put a match in his holster then turned back to Buzz to proceed with his plan.

Houston, do we have permission to launch? -- Uh, Roger, permission granted. You are confirmed at T minus 10 seconds...and counting. Ten! Nine! Eight! Seven! Six! Five! Four! Three! Two!... One!...

Reach for the sky Woody said Huh? Sid said confused This town ain't big enough for the two of us! Woody added. What? Sid says as he walked over to Woody and picks him up]

Somebody's poisoned the water hole... It's busted Sid raised Woody up, about to throw him away...... Who are you callin' busted, Buster?! Woody asked That's right. I'm talking to YOU, Sid Phillips. We don't like being blown up, Sid, or smashed, or ripped apart... Woody's Voice spoke.

Sid starts to get increasingly frightened and confused.

W-w-w-we Sid stammered That's right. Your toys.

A red doll rise from a sandbox calling Mama. A pick-up truck toy emerges from the sandbox too. Mud-covered soldiers rises from some puddles and began to move towards Sid who back up in fright. Buzz unfreezes and watch in amazement. The alien who Scud chewed up earlier, appears from a dog bowl and join in the fray. Legs lower Babyface down onto Sid's head, making him scream in terror.

Hand-in-the-Box grabs him by the leg and RollerBob and Janie approach him. Sid found himself getting surrounded by his toys.]

From now on, you must take good care of your toys! Because if you don't, we'll find out, Sid. We toys can see everything.
[Woody's inanimate head rotates around 360 degrees then came to life

So play nice Woody said causing Sid to screams in horror and runs away, dropping Woody]

AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Sid screams Ha-ha! We did it! We did it! YES!!! Woody said happily

The toys! The toys are alive! Sid screams rushing into the house.

He sees Hannah's doll Don't you want to play with Sally?! recoils a bit N-N-Nice toy andWhat's wrong, Sid Don't you want to play with Sally?! Hannah asked

Woody Buzz said as extending his hand to Woody Thanks. They share a smile as they shake hands, beginning their friendship.

Everybody say, "Bye, house." Mrs Davis said. Woody! The van! Buzz said Bye, house said Andy sadly Woody quickly hoisted Buzz off the pole he was tied to.

We gotta run! Thanks, guys Woody said to mutant toys the two toys sprint to the fence. Woody peeks out to see Andy's van's engine roaring, starting up]

Quickly

Just go! I'll catch up! Buzz shouted.
Woody looks between Buzz and the van then made a decision. He jumped down and ran back to Buzz with an unconscious Vallia in his arms as the van pulled out of the driveway.

Woody tugs on a loosened slat and breaks Buzz free of the fence but what the two didn't know was up from his bedroom window James saw everything.

Thanks Cowboy he said as the two toys ran out to the street but the van was already driving away down the street Aaaah! they ducked down to avoid been hit Come on! Buzz shouted.