Chapter 14

The door! It's open! We're free!! Woody said grabbing Vallia's hands dragging her in the direction of the door Woody, we don't know what's out there! Buzz said I'll tell you wha... Woody and Vallia screamed The mutant toys block the way and Vallia ducked behind Woody

They're gonna eat us, Buzz!! Do something! Quick! Woody and Vallia said at the same time.

Shield your eyes!
[Buzz fires his laser at Babyface but it just flickers on her forehead which surprises and shocks Buzz

It's not working! I recharged it before I left. It should be good for hours -- Buzz said Oh, you idiot! You're a toy! Vallia said Use your karate chop action! Woody says as he presses a button on Buzz's back which makes his right arm move up and down as they advance around the mutant toys toward the door Vallia on Woody's shoulders.

Get away! Hoo-cha! Hoo-cha! Woody said to the mutants Hey!! Hey! How are you doing that? Stop that! Buzz said

Back! Back, you savages! Back! Vallia said Woody, stop it! Buzz said Sorry guys, but dinner's canceled! He drops Buzz and ran out into the hallway upstairs Vallia slipped from Woody's shoulders and into his arms There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home... Both Vallia and Woody repeated

As Woody ran down the stairs with Vallia still in his arms  stopping when he saw Scud sleeping on the staircase He crept back up the stairs slowly as he could putting Vallia down just as a hand grabbed both Woody and Vallia over their mouth pulling them both back behind the wall causing Woody and Vallia to let out a muffled gasp.

Another stunt like that, cowboy -- you're going to get us killed Buzz said causing a rare feeling of anger to bubble to the surface of Vallia's mouth. If it weren't for him Lightyear we would be someone's food Vallia hissed.

Don't tell me what to do Woody said.Shhh! Buzz says before he checked that Scud is still asleep then darts across the stairwell opening to the other end of the hallway. He motions for Woody and Vallia to follow. Woody cowardly crawls across the open area Vallia behind him.

Unnoticed to the three of them Woody's pull string got caught on the curls of the iron railing as Woody stands up. The toys start to creep down the hallway.

YEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAA!! Giddy-up partner!... We got to get this wagon train a movin'! Woody accidentally said

The noise from the voice box wakes Scud up and he follows it up the steps. Woody Vallia and Buzz look worried.

Split up! Buzz said as Woody picked Vallia up into his arms Buzz dives into a room while Woody with Vallia in his arms jumps into a closet just as Scud reaches the top of the stairs.

Scud heard the door slam and went over to sniff anything suspicious. Buzz skidded to hide behind the door. Sensing his movement, Scud walks towards the door as Buzz stands back. Then as Scud moves curiously closer to Buzz, they heard snoring and look up to see Sid's brother fast asleep on a La-Z-Boy recliner in front of the TV. Scud then backs out and heads down the stairs.