seven.

***Bailey's POV***

Johnny packs my bags for me as I get ready to leave the hospital. I don't look at him, he doesn't look at me. I'm cold, tired, and dizzy from the IV. 

Two-Bit comes running in holding a small bag.

"Two!" I say in an exhausted/happy kind of way. He picks me up as he hugs me. When he sets me down, he gives me the bag.

"I picked it out for you while you were resting, I hope you like it," he says sheepishly. I see Johnny getting a little fed up with the two of us out of the corner of my eye.

I rip open the paper bag and pull out a Mickey Mouse crew neck. I smile and pull it on.

"I love it! Thanks, Two!" I say, hugging him again. 

He sets me in the wheelchair the doctors are discharging me in. Johnny comes up behind me to push me, but Two-Bit gets there first.

The whole gang is standing in the lobby, with the addition of some guy I don't know. But holy hell he's hot.

I shyly smile at him. Who is he?

The whole gang acts as if I had broken my ankle instead of fallen off a bridge. I make sure my wrists don't show because I'm pretty sure they don't know that it wasn't an accident I fell off the bridge. 

It's really awkward for me, I feel like I let them down. But most of all, I let myself down. This is still happening to me. My life didn't change. I'm still here.

When we get to the Curtis house, I lay on the couch with my head in Andrew's lap. It turns out he saved me. I hate him and love him for that.

Andrew softly strokes my hair. I see Two-Bit standing tensely in the corner of the room. I ignore it: I mean, we're just friends, right?

Darry comes in and addresses the whole gang.

"Hey guys, I know you planned that big night and all, but from the looks of it, I don't think Bailey will last a minute out there. I think it's better for her to stay home."

I don't really want to go anyway - my mind isn't in the right place yet and I'm woozy from the medicine they gave me.

"I'll stay with her," Andrew offers. Darry nods and the gang goes back to normal. Except for Two-Bit, he looks like he just drank a gallon of bitterness.

After a while, I decide to talk to Ponyboy about a few things. He's my best friend in the gang and I could ask him anything. 

I wobble to his room and lie down. He sits on the edge of the bed.

"Ponyboy, what's up with Johnny?" I ask.

"Well Baby Cade, I think he thinks you just need your space. He doesn't want you to be mad at him, and he still hates himself for leaving you that night. He's just a little mixed up right now."

"Do you think I should talk to him?" I ask.

"If I were you, I'd talk to him when we get home from the nightly double," he says as he leaves the room to let me rest.

The thing is, I had no idea that I wouldn't be seeing Johnny for a long, long time.