twelve.

***Bailey's POV***

I wiggle around inside of the rope's tight grasp. I turn to Victoria and see that she's dealing with the same problem.

"Where's Johnny?!" I hear Dallas yell. He comes into view and immediately begins to cut us loose with a switch blade.

"What the hell happened to you two?!" he yells.

"Later, Dallas," I say through gritted teeth. He nods and we take off towards the crumbled church. None of us want to go in, but I see Ponyboy breaking the walls down and handing kids out on a side that's still partially standing.

"Pony!" I say happily. Victoria and I begin to take kids out of the church. All of the kids are out and Dally pulls Ponyboy out just as the whole building finally collapses.

They both fall to the ground panting and covered in soot.

Then I realize something.

"Where's Johnny?!" I ask. I frantically check around the church, screaming his name, but he's nowhere to be found.

Johnny can't be dead....

I rush back to the rest of the group as a firefighter approaches them.

"Are any of you hurt?" He asks. We shake our heads. He nods and walks away.

"Wait! You forgot 2 people in the church!" Victoria yells.

The fireman turns in disbelief.

"Excuse me?"

"You forgot my brother and hers!" Victoria exclaims as she points at me.

He almost laughs.

"If there was anyone in there, they would have gone down in flames."

Something deep in the pit of my chest seems to be twisted into the tightest knot ever made.

I turn to Dallas and he looks at me with a scared look.

"Bailey, are you okay?"

I answer his question by passing out.