𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚

======

"keyboard?"

"keyboard?"

she nod.

"we don't have a keyboard, but a piano."

"let me check... its been kept in the attic for 5 years so i don't know if it'll works." you went over to your study desk drawer and open it, taking out a rusty key.

you turn right and walk downstairs to the kitchen to grab a cloth and soak it.

"its probably dusty because the house cleaner rarely clean that place, since my mother said to leave it be." kanade follows you from behind, going toward the dark end of the hallway where a wooden staircase is hidden behind a big plant.

you pull it away and clap your hand from the dust, grabbing her hand as you lead her upstairs.

you open the attic door. just like you exactly thought, spider webs all over the ceiling, dusty wooden floor.

you saw the dusty piano shined under the moonlight that went through the window.

you get the small black chair down from the piano and wipe it, opening the piano right after.

"you play?"

"used to. my mother wants me to serve as the eldest out of my three siblings. which is one of the reason i stopped." you smile sadly, wiping on the white and black keys.

"if you're not planning to become a great musician, then don't do it. you should spent the time on studying instead of doing something that doesn't worth the time."

you lightly clench your fist at your mother's words that kept playing on your head.

'thats right. im not planning to become a musician. but i want to be like him. he makes me happy with his musics. i too, also wanted to make people happy with musics i will make.'

'but too bad im not pursuing that. because i know im not able to do it.'

"any other reason?" she cut your thoughts off.

you shook your head, "he only teached me the basics, and one tune, that i can't recall how it sounds."

"it was his last music piece before he past away. my mother forbid me to play right after i learned how to play the piece." crashing in a wave of sadness, your mind start to filled with griefs, feeling guilty for not remembering what he teached to you.

"its so unfortunate that i don't remember how to play..."

you tap on the white key with your fingers, smiling in relief that it still can produce sounds.

"it still work."

you give her a go ahead sign as she sat on the chair, placing her fingers on the keys. you lean onto the piano side.