ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

After we finished eating Rengoku arrived at the Butterfly Estate, where he wanted Tanjiro to go to his house because he believed that his family had some information about Hinokami Kagura, and he wanted you to meet his little brother Senjuro, who he described looked just like him, but younger.

"I APOLOGIZE! I WILL NOT BE THERE BECAUSE TODAY I AM TRAINING WITH THE LOVE PILLAR!" he exclaimed.

"It's okay, afterall, you are a hashira, you have more important duties," I replied, as Tanjiro nodded.

Rengoku smiled, and left the Butterfly estate within a blink of an eye, while Tanjiro and I were getting ready for our departure.

We said goodbye to everyone, and left as we walked through the quiet town. There was an awkward silence between the 2 of you, until Tanjiro had a question he had been meaning to ask you.

"Hey Takahashi-san, I have a question I have been meaning to ask you, but if it's personal, you don't have to answer," Tanjiro said reassuring you.

"Okay what is it?" I asked.

"Well... When Lower 1 was explaining what type of dreams you could have gotten instead of the happy dreams I believe everyone got, he mentioned about your dream being your parents killing your younger siblings, is that true?" he asked.

I sighed deeply.

"Well I guess you could say I wasn't treated the best as a kid, I would get beat up by my parents, also as the oldest of 6 siblings. 3 brothers and 3 sisters. Hiroto, Akio, Ichika, Akari, Kaito, and Yuriko. They all died as kids, either from hunger, thirst or just from my parents beating them up to the brim. I promised Hiroto I would protect him, but I failed. The night you saved me was the night I wished I was the one who died instead," I finished.

Tanjiro looked down, saddened.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to ask you something that personal!" he said as he bowed.

"No it's okay, I totally understand, but what about you?" I asked.

"Oh, well before I became a slayer, my family lived up in the mountains, and I would sell coal. I also had a big family, my father died because he had a weak body, so it was mom, me, Nezuko, Takeo, Shigeru, Hanako and Rokuta. They all died other than Nezuko. And Muzan was the one who killed him, that is why I deeply hate him," he said.

"Wow, so I guess we both have really shitty pasts," I said.

He chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess we do," he said as we stood in front of the Rengoku estate.

We were in front of the Rengoku estate, as I saw a little boy who looked like Rengoku, just with shorter hair brooming the entrance path.

"Um, excuse me, you must be Senjuro," I said, as Senjuro lifted his head in surprise.

"W-What do y-you want? P-Please d-don't hurt m-me," he replied, scared.

"We aren't going to hurt you! Don't worry, we were actually sent here by your brother, the flame hashira," Tanjiro said.

"N-Nii-chan sent you guys here?" he asked.

"Yes," both Tanjiro and I replied.

He sighed in relief, and looked at both of us directly in the eyes.

"I am so sorry, I thought you guys wanted to hurt me," Senjuro said, bowing for forgiveness.

"Don't worry, we should have approached in a more subtle way," Tanjiro said. I nodded agreeing with him.

"KNOCK IT OFF!" an older man stood near the entryway gates, he said as he drank sake. He looked just like Rengoku, but older, and with a mean nature instead of a kind one.