Epilogue

The wind swayed as there was silence

The wind swayed as there was silence. Who knew one death was so much, too much in fact. But it's not like time will stop for one person, nor will it go back.

There was final peace in the world, and the war against humans and demons had come to an end. The demon slayer corps dismantled as there was no use for them anymore. There was no need to risk their lives anymore.

Kyojuro was living happily with his younger brother Senjuro and his father, as it took months to heal but he lives with only one arm and leg. But it's not like they're demons, where they will just regenerate.

All the remaining Butterfly girls got to spend more time together, without worrying about training or anything. They lived like a true family now.

Kanroji followed you wishes, as she and Iguro fell in love, and got married. Iguro showed love and passion to Kanroji, and made her feel like a princess, and Kanroji would do anything to help Iguro.

Zenitsu and Nezuko had finally gotten together, as they lived happily, while Inosuke would prank them.

They all did this to hide their pain and sadness to the one friend that meant a lot to them, and stayed with them till the end.

Akasuki Takahashi.

Tanjiro POV

I walked through the cemetery of the fallen corps member.

Tokito... Himejima... Ah, Akasuki-san. He thought as he smiled while looking at your grave.

He sat down gently and pressed the flowers against your grave, as he looked at the dirt with a sudden mood change of wistfulness.

"I never thought I would be telling you my true feelings and intentions towards you while you were sleeping for eternity," he said, as he tried to remain strong.

The wind swayed, as he waited for an answer.

"Y'know now that I think about it, the first time I met you was in that village where the poorest of poor live. I never bothered to ask you about your past until the time we were going to the Rengoku Estate, and even then it was because Lower 1 had said something about that. I was shocked you could keep up with me while running, just being an amatuer. You asked me to bring you to my sensei, and so I did,"

He paused remembering.

"Then you became a slayer and we went on so many missions together... From the Mugen train, to the Entertainment District, to the Swordsmith Village, to the final battle, I completed all the tasks in life but one,"

He said, as tears slipped out.

"AKASUKI! I PROMISE I'LL FIND YOU IN ANOTHER LIFE! WHETHER IT MEANS BEING REINCARNATED A THOUSAND TIMES OR MORE! I WILL FIND YOU! AND TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOU! SOMETHING I FAILED IN THIS LIFE!" Tanjiro finished, as he wiped his tears and bowed.

"I... love you Akasuki-san," he said before smiling and running away.

"I love you too Tanjiro," you said, as you watched him run away, as you smiled softly.