Rosy

The sound of school bells ringing.

It was a sound I never thought I would hear again after almost a decade of having a successful career. Not gonna lie though, it was my favorite sound for the past few months. It told me I could close the notebook I've been scribbling on for the past forty minutes while pretending to listen. The airpod I'd been secretly wearing under my hoodie was about to run out of battery anyways.

Sooner than the teacher could summarize today's lecture about an asteroid during the Cretaceous Period I didn't care about, all my stuff was in my bag; stuff being a single notebook, pen, and my phone

Sooner than the teacher could summarize today's lecture about an asteroid during the Cretaceous Period I didn't care about, all my stuff was in my bag; stuff being a single notebook, pen, and my phone. You bet I was the first one out of that classroom. I wasn't waiting for anyone there, when all my classmates were four years younger than me... But there was someone I was waiting for down the halls.

My Park Chaewon unnie.

Shortly before our contract reached its end, she told me she had doubts about renewing, because she wanted to finish her studies. It was a brave move for her to drop out of school immediately after she found out she was debuting after all... Well, although I knew some would say 'stupid', rather than 'brave'.

For the longest time,I just thought she didn't care, but apparently not. She was almost exactly a year older than me, and stopped studying a year earlier than I did, so when she told me she wanted to study again, I thought it would be the perfect time to graduate as well, for three reasons...

One, I needed a break from the industry. Two, if I needed a sign to go back to study, it might as well be to graduate together with my best friend. And three... Come on. It's her! She's adorable, and I'd like to be around her as much as possible. I wouldn't be comfortable with the thought of her in school where horny teenagers would surround her...

Oh. I made her promise not to use my stage name while we were back in school. I could call her Gowon, but she could not call me Olivia Hye. Moreover, she told me to stop calling her 'unnie' while we were here, because we were the only friends we have in this school. The only way she could feel like she belonged was if she had someone who spoke casually to her, or so she claimed.

But that shouldn't be a problem. We were not the only adults enrolled as seniors this year. Even before we enrolled, the president of the student council was elected last academic year.

His name is Sejun, and he's as old as Gowon.

I know, right? What kind of loser would graduate high school at twenty-five years old? Except for Gowon of course... And myself being twenty-four... But this guy... He was damn annoying!

I used to think he just wanted to get close to me and Gowon because we were idols his age. Then I thought he also just didn't want to be friends with literal children. I mean... Of course I was exaggerating. Sure, they were twenty-year-olds, but they were from a new generation. They were weak, dumb, and sensitive. Why Yeojin dated one of them, I'd never figure out... Well... She was immature too, for that matter.