A Different Night

Even though my mind was extremely occupied by my mission, I somehow couldn't focus.

It was my first time riding in a car this expensive. We've been friends for so long, Gaheul and I... And I knew he was rich... But not this rich! I looked over to my friend who was sitting beside me at the back seat, his driver solitarily in front. I decided to crack some jokes to lighten the mood.

"Gaheul-ah," I called. "Are there any other secrets you've been hiding from me? Are you a descendant of the old royal family? Do you have extraterrestrial blood?"

Gaheul laughed at my joke, but he shook his head.

"None of this is mine, though! It's all Abeoji. That's why I'm trying to be a good student. I want to make a name on my own... Make it out of my father's shadow," he shrugged.

I nodded and smiled, but Gaheul turned to look at me.

"However... I think it's you who've been keeping secrets from me!" he suddenly said.
"H–Huh?" I was surprised. "W–What are you talking about? I've hidden nothing from you!"
"Oh? Then why did I find you in Hyejoo-noona's house? Also, what's up with the dramatic goodbye with Gowon-noona?" he asked inquisitively.

Oh...

"T–That's... That's a wonder for me too..." I muttered, looking out of the window.
"I know you like Hyejoo-noona... And there's no chance she'll like you back. And then... There's Gowon-noona who's obsessed with you! Not that it's any of my business, but it's clear that Gowon-noona would do anything for you! I could see it in her eyes... Also... She's cute, right?" Gaheul nudged my arm, teasingly smirking at me.
"Ya... Geumanhae..." I sighed.
"You know I'm right," he persisted.
"I... I know all that... I just need to know if... I have any chance with Hyejoo first..." I said.

Gaheul chuckled as the car moved into the expressway towards the Incheon docks. He stared intently at me.

"Hyung, do I really need to spell it out to you?" he grinned. I looked at him.
"Spell what?" I asked.

Gaheul sighed.

"Hyung... Olivia Hye... Is... G... A... Y..." he hissed.

I grunted as Gaheul laughed next to me.

"NA DO ARA!" I groaned, "... And she likes Gowon!"
"So you do know!" he sniggered. I nodded defeatedly.
"I know, I know... It's probably better if I stopped altogether. They look good with each other, anyway... And they... They've known each other for a long time. They've been through many things together... Many struggles... The 2022 Chuu expulsion... The following fiasco... They've been through infinitely more things together than I could ever imagine..." I sighed.

To my surprise, Gaheul smirked.

"You don't sound like the Ahn Sejun I know..." he remarked.
"What do you mean?" I asked him.