'97 / '99

I haven't experienced a day as crazy as this in a long time.

It's been a while since all twelve of us were in the same room as well. And even worse, it's because of a bad reason. If nothing was to be done about this, most of us would have to leave for China, probably shortly after the company was completely acquired, and that would happen in the morning.

I looked around me, at the girls who mean so much to me. Vivi was tightly embracing Fin, Choerry doing the same to Leo. Chuu seemed inconsolable, crying like the child she always seemed to us. She was lucky to have both her best friend Yves, and her childhood friend Kim Lip surrounding and comforting her on both sides. Those who knew the two boys, Sejun and Gaheul, were more anxious about their safety.

As people grouped up with those closest to them, I wasn't oblivious to how comfortable Heejin and Hyunjin were with each other. The whole time, their hands were clasped and inseparable, fingers intertwining. Besides Kim Lip and Chuu, they knew each other the longest in the group. However, something told me that their closeness... Went beyond friendship.

Hyejoo had just escaped from Gowon's tight and anxious embrace to walk out, presumably to take another cigarette. A few meters away from them, I saw Hyunjin gently pulling Heejin's hand away from hers.

"What are you doing?" Heejin asked.
"I'm... Gonna talk to Hyejoo. Maybe I'll apologize, maybe she will. Let's see how it goes," Hyunjin answered her.

I was glad she took the initiative to patch things up, especially with someone with a stern personality like Hyejoo. I didn't expect Hyunjin to be mature at all times, but she's always serious when it matters the most. At that moment, I noticed that Heejin was looking at Hyunjin with loving eyes... And then...

She kissed her lips.

"Go, then..." she whispered.

They seemed to forget that they were with us, and a gasp from Chuu's mouth alerted them of our presence. The two looked around the room, blush starting to creep on their cheeks, but their eyes were... Adamant.

"Oh shit..." I heard Heejin whispering sweetly while grinning, "We've got a lot to explain..."

Hyunjin giggled, staring at Heejin's eyes and caressing her blushing cheek.

"You explain... I'm going," she told Heejin, pecking her lips back, and standing up from her seat.

She didn't even bother to look back as she walked away, leaving the red-faced Heejin to face us embarrassedly as the rest of us stared at the beautiful girl, all of us with grins plastered to our faces.

"W–WHAT?" she exclaimed a little too loudly.

I heard giggles from the girls around me, but I couldn't stop myself from walking over to grab her shoulders. A laughter escaped my mouth, as her lips curved up to a beautiful, shy smile as well.