Girl Front

Was I too brutal?

In my many years of working for Blockberry Creative, I learned the harsh truth of treatment towards idols

In my many years of working for Blockberry Creative, I learned the harsh truth of treatment towards idols. As a manager, I tried my best to be the kind of person that the talents can rely on. However, after being transferred to administration, I realized that being straightforward was a necessary trait. Sugarcoating your message for the person you were managing does no good to the business, nor did it actually convey what you wanted to say.

But... I think I went overboard.

I've known each of the members of Loona since they auditioned or were scouted. I told myself that if I were ever to be assigned to them again, I would be supportive and do nothing to discourage them.

I didn't know I'd be the CEO. I didn't know that our last CEO would pass away just when Blockberry Creative was acquired by Xenoa East. And now... I was at a crossroad. I was their former manager, and they were still the company's biggest money maker, even when neither their 'Boys of the Month' project nor their soloist debuts weren't any success at all.

When I was promoted to CEO, there was already a set plan to make Loona promote in China. I tried to bargain, reasoning out that half of them should at least continue their careers here instead. Somehow, with the help of Fin Leung, we convinced Xenoa Lim himself to retain three members in Korea.

Unfortunately, just as I suspected, the girls themselves were discouraged to even renew, considering these circumstances. Heejin didn't answer, Hyejoo chose to finish her studies... Chuu straight-up declined, which made total sense really, considering she had left BBC once before rejoining a year later.

In addition, I had to fire Fin. He was actually a good employee. I could see why Mr. Lim, even as a strict old man, had a special place in his cold, metal heart for him. He was the only one who could convince Mr. Lim to any degree. From losing our entire domestic revenue in Korea, to possibly retaining three members out of twelve? Not the best case scenario, but it was better than nothing.

However... What I told Vivi... Was out of the line... And uncalled for. Maybe... I should apologize. I shouldn't have let my position get the better of me. I didn't want to see her cry like that... And that slap... It stung... But I deserved it.

Before I could even consider catching up to her, though, I heard another set of knocks on my glass door. It was a silhouette of a woman. Was Vivi back? If so, then I should apologize right here, right now. I rushed to the door, and opened it.

"Leo-oppa!"

A loud but sweet cheer greeted me, admittedly from my favorite person in the world. But wasn't she too loud? Someone might hear her calling the CEO of the company as 'Oppa'! I tried to save the situation.

"Oh! C-Choerry-ssi! Come into my office, please!"