YLIA x Multiverse Episode 2: Assembling The Guardians

Episode 2: Assembling the Guardians

Kousei blinked his eyes as he looked around the well-lit, elegant room. Then he did a double take...it was a large pub!

"I'm only 14!" he thought worriedly.

"Don't fret, young one," the giant bald alien said. "I won't be giving you anything to drink."

As Kousei looked around, he saw there were many other people in the room with him. Including Black Widow and Arnim Zola, there were three people with odd blade-holding gear strapped to their waists, a tall, fair-skinned woman with brown hair and a shield bearing the Union Jack, a dark-skinned man with a devilish smile and high-tech battle gear, a boy not much older than Kousei who wore a yellow and blue suit, an older man with a red cape to match the red "O" on his chest, another middle-aged, bald man with a blue arrow tattooed on his head, and a dark-skinned girl with black hair and an eye symbol tattooed on her forehead.

"Who are all these people?!" Kousei thought. "And why did this guy bring us all here?!"

"I thought of the pub design when I read your biography. I hope you like it." another voice said. Kousei looked to see the man in the royal-looking cloak talking to the woman dressed in the United Kingdom's insignia.

"I like it quite a lot," the woman replied in her formal-sounding British accent. "Thank you."

The giant bald alien stepped forward to the group. "Greetings, warriors, agents, and heroes alike. I am the Watcher, and I have chosen all of you—"

"GET BACK!" the boy in blue and yellow suddenly cried, forcefully punching the man dressed in the red and white. The old man grunted in pain, surprised by the boy's outlash.

"Woah woah, slow down son!" the man implored, blocking the teen's next blow. "What's going on?!"

Kousei, unsure how he could help, just stood and watched as the room erupted into chaos.

"Stay away from me!" the dark-haired woman with the swords shouted at the two men with identical gear. Both of them put their hands up and backed away in fear.

"You...you're Avatar Aang, aren't you?!" the girl with the eye symbol said to the man in the red robe and blue arrow tattoos.

"Well...yes!" the man said in astonishment. "But who are you and how do you even know me?!"

"I'm your successor, Avatar Korra," the girl said smugly, pointing to her eye tattoo. "And well...let's just say I had different mentors than you did."

Kousei didn't know what to do or say, so he just stood and looked on in confusion as the different people argued with each other while simultaneously trying to clarify the situation. Black Widow, Zola, the British woman, and the dark-skinned man stood beside the young pianist, equally bewildered.

"I guess we were chosen...to come here and fight to the death?" the dark-skinned man said in what Kousei guessed to be a West African accent.

"Blimey, it seems we have!" the British woman exclaimed.

"ENOUGH!" the Watcher shouted, silencing the fragile alliance. They all looked toward the ancient being with mixed expressions of surprise, fright, and confusion on their faces.

"You don't understand!" the boy in blue and yellow shouted. "My dad is the biggest threat to Earth right now! He killed the Guardians of the Globe and tried to force me to help him with enslaving Earth under the Viltrum Empire!"