Part 6

As I pulled my makeup from out of my bag I heard the door open and close. It was Steve "Holy shit are you ok?!" He said as I cried once more at the sight of his beat up face. He jogged up to me and pulled me into the hug "You shouldn't worry about me.  face is as messed up." I said softly into his chest "Wow harsh." Steve teased making me laugh a bit. "I'm serious." I said as I pulled away from the hug looking into his big brown eyes. "I'm fine. You just had a panic attack in front of every body and threatened to slash Billy Hargrove's tires." Steve said as he looked down into my eyes "And I kicked him ." I said as I laughed a little in the amazement in Steve's voice "He's gonna try to beat your ass!" He said worriedly as he pulled me into another hug. 

We jumped as the bell rang "Shit! Steve I look like shit and we have class as I tossed my makeup bag into my bag. "How about you fix your makeup and we skip? I don't want to be in this shit show of a school anyway." Steve said as he leaned his back on the bathroom wall "Fine, but only because every body is going to stare at us like we're a freakshow." I said as I pulled my makeup out of my bag again. 

When I finished my makeup I looked over at Steve and realized he still looked like he came fresh from a horror movie with all the blood on his face. ""Steve, come here." I said as I grabbed a paper towel and put some water on it. "Why?" "Cause Steve you look like you played as Carry! I need to clean your cuts!" I said as I motioned for him to come over to me "Ugh do I have to?" Steve asked in an annoyed voice as he slumped over to me. "Yes!" I said as he finally reached m . "Now help me on to the sink!" I said as I put my back towards the gross sink behind me. "Fine." Steve said as he place his hands on my waist and lifted me on to the sink. He didn't move his hands making sure I didn't fall of the sink our faces inches away from each other as I wiped the dry blood off of his face.

*At the mall*

"So Ice cream?" Steve asked  as parked his car. "Yeah! I already know what flavor I want!" I said as I got out of the car excitedly. "Yeah I know what flavor I want to." Steve said as he jogged to keep up with me. Ice cream had always bean like my favorite thing in the world besides music and my cat, and after what happened this morning this morning ice cream sounded AMAZING.  "Why so excited shorty?" Steve said as he finally caught up to me "I'm not that short!" I said as I turned my head to look up at his "Yet I have to look down at you like you're a child?" Steve teased with a confused look on his face. "That's not fair!" I said as I hit him on his arm. "Maybe you're just like a giant or something!" I said trying to come up with an excuse for being so short. "So me and all of Hawkins are giants?" Steve said as he laughed at my dumb excuse "Yeah! Well this town is pretty weird!" I said as I ran off laughing trying to get to Scoops Ahoy before he would. "Damn...you're...really...fast." Steve said between breaths "I thought you played basketball Harrington?" I teased at his gasps for air "I thought you... wait hold on I have to think of something." Steve said making me laugh harder than I already was. 

"Alrighty what can I get you guys today?" the girl behind the counter said with a bored expression on her face "Can I get Salted Carmel 1 scoop on a waffle cone please." I said as the lady stood from her chair to scoop the ice cream "Uhm me too." Steve said as he smiled awkwardly.