Chapter 10 - Divide and Eliminate

"When the enemy is relaxed, make them toil. When full, starve them. When settled, make them move, Sun Tzu, The Art of War."

These zombies were too complacent. Didn't they know that the most dangerous and wanted Minecraft Monday Player was in their vicinity? Too bad for them. Technoblade was going to eliminate every single stinker after he tested his theory.

Creeping from the roof, Technoblade speed bridged over to that single door. Maybe this was too obvious a trap, not that zombies could tell. He built some 'walls' around the door to test whether these zombies could break them down or see through solid blocks. Technoblade readied his emergency blocks to stack upwards after he jumped into the one-by-one block hole to test the dangerous theory. However, there was one small problem. He had to thin their numbers first to prevent an alerted zombie from attracting more towards him.

The strategy of winning a battle with an inferior army was to divide and conquer. Technoblade crept quietly over his enemies. His plans were as dark and impenetrable as night. The zombies had no idea what was coming up, and even when he was directly within striking range of one, it did not sense him.

"Aha!" Technoblade attacked swiftly from his perch, and the axe made contact with the zombie, who immediately growled with hostility. However, even if he could now see his attacker, the zombie could not reach Technoblade.

"How'd you like that?" he laughed and continued hacking at the helpless monster while holding his breath as much as possible. It did not take long for the zombie to crumble and collapse into a pile of experience points that were automatically sucked into his body.

From a single zombie, Technoblade earned himself 5 experience points. The levelling system in Aftercraft wasn't quite the same as it was in Minecraft. Sure, there was an incremental difficulty when getting to the next level. However, it was easier to tell how many zombies he needed to kill to get to the next level. He needed 200 points to get to level 2, but he was nowhere close.

"Time to grind," he smirked, looked at his resources, and groaned. Whatever he had in his inventory wouldn't be enough to bridge over to the other zombies near him. Thankfully, the night was young, and he had plenty of logs from the day.

Sprinting over to his fort of chests, Technoblade hopped down and peered through the cracks between the chests. He could see the zombies from the chest fort, and none of them attempted to come to him, even if they could make eye contact. Technoblade wondered if he should risk it and lure a zombie back to test if they were able to see through various blocks.

First, he wanted to know what would happen if it tossed the tool out of his inventory and onto the ground.

Plop!

The axe fell to the ground, and Technoblade backed away to avoid picking it up again. Outside, the zombies groaned and started burying themselves back into the ground where they stood. The sight was so fascinating that the Potato King spent a few moments playing with this new discovery. He picked the axe up and waited for them to climb out of the ground, and before they could fully rise, he would toss it onto the ground.

Suddenly, this gave him an idea.

"Wouldn't that mean all I had to do in a pinch was to throw out every piece of equipment and armour?"

That discovery was huge, and Technoblade grew bolder. Who cared about dividing and conquering when he could make the enemy retreat? This was genius!

However, that begged the question. Was it feasible? There was only one way to find out.

After retrieving all the tools from the chest, Technoblade heard the groans increase and blinked in shock as the zombies started patrolling again. He didn't want to accidentally bump into a moving zombie during his tests. It was probably better if they remained stationary or had a smaller detection radius.