Chapter 43 - Hello Jean

Over the mountains and over the seas, Technoblade and his party finally made their way to the stronghold or what was above it. They were standing in a different desert, and the miner made quick progress, digging a safe staircase down to the portal room.

Technoblade wondered if it was worth exploring the stronghold but decided against it. He might not even be back after defeating the dragon. It was only going to delay what would happen eventually. He refused to do such a thing.

Heading straight down, Technoblade quickly rushed in to disable the silverfish spawner. It was terrible enough to have to deal with insecurities. He did not need the endermite's cousins to harass his nervous party.

The portal had no eyes in the frames, so Technoblade placed all the eyes down but did not enter. He put out the fire beneath and laid down beds for everyone. It was their final day of peace in this stronghold dungeon before they faced Jean.

"Have a good night, fellas," Technoblade handed up stew for dinner and some bread. "Tomorrow, we will fight. You may never get to see your fellow villagers again, but you will all be heroes regardless of the outcome."

Raising his bottle of juice in the air, Technoblade cheered.

"For Orphania!"

Raising their glass bottles of potions and juice, the villagers drank, and Technoblade was the only one who stayed up past curfew as usual. He was finally here. Only one more step before they were in the end. He had everything he needed, yet he was strangely nervous.

He wasn't even this nervous when Hypixel told him that he needed to win a thousand battles in his row to prove his worth as the God of PVP in bed wars. All his life, he believed that if a situation was unfavourable, he could always retreat and re-strategise. However, fighting Jean was a one-way ticket. He might not be able to retreat, much less re-strategise.

It was do or die, and Technoblade felt highly uncomfortable about it.

Despite his concerns, he slept soundly through the night and woke up early the next morning.

His party was raring to go, and Technoblade bought a few minutes for breakfast. If this wasn't Aftercraft, he might have thrown up from nervousness.

Jumping through the end portal, Technoblade related it akin to bungee jumping. When he opened his eyes again, he was now in the end dimension with no way back. They spawned in a relatively small cavern underneath the main island, which was probably the best situation Technoblade could ask for.

"Follow the plan," he told his miner as he started breaking the endstone to mine towards the surface. "If you have to fall, fall in the water. Distract the dragon but do not directly confront it."

The archer followed behind Technoblade while the head guard and priest followed the miner. The magician loitered around the spawn cavern for a while before deciding to follow Technoblade. He wasn't assigned a proper job at the beginning of the raid, so the villager decided to follow the party leader in the end.

Technoblade made a run for it as the miner worked and distracted the dragon. The magician did a good job throwing a confusion spell. Jean roared in fury as she was woken up from her slumber on the bedrock perch. The dragon inhaled and breathed purple fire at the intruder. The magician threw up a defensive barrier to protect the archer while Technoblade used his anti-dragon shield.

Those purple flames' sheer heat would have tremendously weakened Technoblade without his temperature-regulating skill.

While the dragon was preoccupied with Technoblade, his party members quickly took down the crystal towers. There were ten towers to smash, and the archer was doing a good job sniping. Jean didn't even realise that half the towers were already taken out before changing her magic attack to a melee one.