Chapter 27 - If You Wish to Defeat Me, Train For A Hundred Years

The journey home felt terribly long. Technoblade ran over the mountains and swam over the lava lakes, where he fell off the bridge. Thankfully, he caught a stray strider and saddled it. With the lure of a warped fungus on a fishing rod, Technoblade guided his moderately slow mount back to his wasteland biome.

There were pros and cons to riding a strider back. As the Aftercraft mechanics only tabulated distance travelled on foot over time to deduct stamina points, riding a strider helped to eradicate the need for sleep. His fatigue bar never depleted, and Technoblade rode all the way back.

Compared to the process of sprinting and sleeping continuously, the strider was slightly slower, but the journey back to his destination was more scenic. Technoblade left the strider trapped in a small walled-up lava pond before leaping through the portal. He had almost everything he needed from that direction, and thankfully, after returning to his portal, the nether biome tracker pointed in a different direction.

It was late morning when Technoblade returned to the overworld. His sheep looked as fat as he remembered them, and everything remained unchanged as if he had not been away for a week or more. Did time freeze in the overworld when he entered the nether?

Either way, the entire trip felt like a very long dream or nightmare, depending on one's perspective. If not for the amazing loot he obtained from the nether, Technoblade would brush it off as a lucid dream. It was odd how he never dreamt whenever he slept in Aftercraft. The sleep also felt incredibly short, but he was getting used to it.

Putting away the remaining gold, special arrows and ender pearls, Technoblade walked to the fortress where his horses roamed freely and saddleless. That wouldn't do. Even though he could not fish that many saddles, he had plenty of saddles to put on all his horses and the remaining ones on pigs still floating in that prison-like slaughterhouse now that he didn't need to breed them. He could definitely use a pig mount at some point to stay true to his lore.

After feeding his chickens and multiplying his sheep, Technoblade gained enough experience levels and returned to his mountain mansion. He looked at the two books in his hands and removed his boots.

Thankfully, clothes did not require washing and did not stink in Aftercraft. Technoblade could not imagine these smelling good after a sweaty journey in the nether. The sparkled as new as before, and everything that accumulated damage from his nether adventures was fixed up thanks to the mending enchantment.

"The final enchants to my boots before I upgrade them," he inhaled and placed them on the anvil.

Adding the enchanted books to the boots made the books disappear like usual, and Technoblade inspected the enchantments. Unlike depth strider and frost walker enchantments that conflicted with each other, soul walker and lava walker did not need to be toggled. It made sense, so Technoblade removed his fully enchanted diamond boots and carried them over to the smithing table after retrieving a netherite ingot from his chest room.

"This is it," he said. "I'll be the most powerful existence in Aftercraft after the system admin."

Hammering the netherite ingot on the smithing table and pounding it into his diamond boots, the armour piece glowed for a moment and transformed into a pair of netherite boots.

Equipping the final piece of armour to complete his battle suit, Technoblade heard the system notification and grinned. Of course, there would be a quest reward. Back in Minecraft, this was a major accomplishment.

Ping!

[Congratulations on completing the quest [Dark Knight]. You have been awarded 20 skill points!]

20 skill points! Technoblade almost could not breathe. Did the system admin know how difficult it was for him to farm all those levels and exchange them for actual skill levels in the shop? The reward for mindless hours of mining in the nether was worth it. Technoblade gladly claimed the reward and paused.