Chapter 17 - This Little Piggy

It took a few days to get the milk and wool factory going. By now, the constant sounds of mooing and bleating were driving him insane. Yet, the noise pollution did nothing to interfere with his supreme quality of sleep, another miracle thanks to the system in Aftercraft.

The wheat farm was growing steadily, Technoblade could now eat egg sandwiches daily, and things were looking up. However, one thing continued to bother him.

"It's not complete without pigs. I mean, eggs are nice, but where's the bacon?"

With only a wheat farm going, Technoblade wondered how he would get pigs without carrots. There was the boat technique, but he wasn't sure it was worth the effort. However, zombies did not drop any loot, so there was hardly any chance of Tecnoblade finding carrots. Or is there?

"Do they have villagers in Aftercraft?"

Thinking about meeting his people in this new dimension made Technoblade anxious. Although he made a lot of videos, talked to people over the internet and met some of them, it wasn't always easy for him to get out of his comfort zone to meet new folks. Not all of them vibed with him, and most humans were unpleasant to associate with.

Then again, maybe villagers in Aftercraft were different from humans. That's right, he was Technoblade, the God of Blood! If they refused, he'd probably take them all under his wing in a dungeon he hadn't made as prisoners. That's right, orphan production!

Life was getting better. Now that he wasn't on the verge of dying at any moment, Technoblade wondered if it was worth the risk to explore and bring a pig back to his base. He did have one farm level modified just for living pork chops. It was slightly different from the cows and sheep as pigs were relatively shorter, but slabs did the trick.

"Better now than never," he reasoned and deposited all his tools.

No tools, no armour, a portable bed and some wood were everything Technoblade needed. Checking that he left everything that would cause mobs to spawn at night in his chests, Technoblade stocked up on food. Who knew how far he would have to travel to find a pig?

"Oh, right. I need to make something to leave a trail."

After making that mistake in his first exploration, Technoblade learned that there were no bookmarks for waypoints of coordinates in F3 for Aftercraft. He wasn't in the boy scouts, but the idea was similar. He had no compass but could leave breadcrumb trails like in Hansel and Gretel, hoping that blocks and torches would not mysteriously disappear in Aftercraft. Anything man-made would make a good trail. However, the problem was how he needed many of these things if he was exploring further.

He had plenty of cobblestone in his inventory, and wood was a good renewable source. Planks and cobblestone were common materials he could use to mark his exploration path. Grabbing all the cobblestone in his chests, Technoblade placed an order with the crafting workshop for two boats.

Feeling prepared, Technoblade picked a direction he'd never explored before and left his camp behind. He came from beneath the mountain from the Juicy Berries trail and was lost momentarily in the meadows behind the river. Even after travelling that far out, Technoblade did not find any pigs. He saw several horses galloping around on the huge plains but had no saddles to bring them back.

The sheep, cows and chickens were near the base of the mountain in the meadow in the spruce forest. However, Technoblade had not encountered any pigs. Sadly, pigs were not as highly appreciated in Minecraft as they only dropped pork chops that could be easily substituted with other food sources.

Going around the large mountain, Technoblade picked a direction to explore directly behind his base. As far as the eye could see, it was still all spruce forest, even behind the mountain.