Chapter 41 - Emerald Economy

It took forever to reach back to his base. However, thanks to the number of villagers skyrocketing, Technoblade had difficulty remembering who everyone was, especially when they had the same faces. He gave his secretaries some instructions to manage career progressions, and by the time he returned, he had a bustling economy.

Resources were overflowing. Thanks to his lack of proper space planning for a population boom, Technoblade faced occasional small rebellions that the newly trained guards thankfully took care of. The population's happiness meter was twenty-seven percent.

The first thing Technoblade remembered doing when he got through his door was to stop Adam and Eve from procreating even more future problems. Then, he collapsed cold in one of their beds for the night, too tired to do anything else.

Now, he was back in his mansion listening to the awfully loud bleating of sheep on the rainbow bridge. His breeder was doing a good job feeding them even if his farmers were struggling to cope with feeding everyone, including his animals.

The notification from the system that Technoblade ignored previously turned out to be his quest reward. Like how villagers were introduced to this world, Technoblade received the travelling merchant's orb.

However, he did not want this important villager to mingle with the rest. In case of a riot, this VIV (very important villager) must remain safe and unharmed.

Procrastinating on a mountain of issues his territory needed his attention for, Technoblade casually dug out and decorated a new room for the VIV and spawned him in, unlocking the emerald economy that would save his village.

"Let's see what you have in your shop," he mused and browsed the travelling merchant's trades.

There wasn't anything impressive, and the prices were rather high. However, Technoblade could work with that. Under the sell section, he could sell just about anything his villagers could produce. Thankfully, he had plenty of resources. That would take care of his overflowing resources and his lack of emeralds. It was perfect!

"You!" he commanded a secretary. "Get the unemployed to regularly transport things into this chest storage in my mansion."

The secretary followed Technoblade's new commands and immediately changed the schedules for unemployed villagers. There were more unemployed villagers than Technoblade thought there initially were. Twenty villagers or more were casually walking in and out of his mansion in less than an hour, giving Technoblade no peace to think. The sheep on the bridge were loud, his castle was noisy, and Technoblade gave up trying to focus.

"Can I trade directly with the merchant without carrying resources to him?" Technoblade asked.

He had been trying to find a more effective trading method for the last few hours. The travelling merchant could trade using Technoblade's inventory. However, it would not trade with the items in a chest. If anything, it was unable to interact with any chests. That complicated things and Technoblade had no way to have all the items come directly into his inventory. As a result, the number of chests increased so quickly that his storage had to be expanded.

It was merely shifting one existing problem to a different place, and Technoblade hated the clutter that was starting to build up in his base.

Glaring at the uncooperative merchant, Technoblade decided to try something new. The unemployed villagers could transport goods and interact with chests. The secretary could assign villagers jobs, and Technoblade could engage in trade. There was something yet to be determined about secretaries, and Technoblade checked his villager register. The travelling merchant appeared there so he tried assigning it to a secretary.