Chapter 28 - The God of War Returns

Monster farm? Built.

Vicinity? Torched up.

Levels? Maxed out.

Effort? Too much to be good for sanity.

Hotel? Go figure. Technoblade was not falling for it.

In a nutshell, he spent close to a week figuring out the best method to grind experience for various skills, including purchasing them. A month to perfect his art and nearly four months to get those maxed levels.

It was an embarrassingly long process, perhaps more so than the great potato war. Although he had no idea where that level of dedication and focus came from, it was finally time for the God of War to return to this realm and recreate legend.

"Will I find the crimson forest or soul sand valley first?" he asked as the portal hummed ominously.

It has been so long since his last visit to the nether that Technoblade forgot he was immune to lava. That showed how accustomed his mind was to the lava bath. It failed to register it as dangerous and perhaps along the line of toasty orange liquid that helped him sleep better.

Following his Nether Biome Tracker, Technoblade thanked the system admin for not making his trip as long as it was to the bastion. The crimson forest did not look as huge as the warped forest, and as far as his eye could see, there were no hoglins.

There were a few piglins in the area, and Technoblade confirmed that he could access the gold shop by talking to any piglins. Knowing he did not need to get to the bastion to refill on ender pearls was nice.

Leaving the crimson forest behind, Tecnoblade followed the guide and travelled across the lava lake. With his lava walker boots, he no longer needed the strider.

Speaking of striders...

"I feel like I'm forgetting something."

No matter how hard he tried to recall, he had no idea what he was forgetting. In such a case, he learned from the wise men and shrugged it off. It must not have been important if he could not remember it.

Thankfully, Technoblade spotted the bone block structure opposite the massive lava lake he had been running across for the last ten minutes. The soul sand valley was the last biome he had to visit, and Technoblade rejoiced. All he had to do now was find a fortress. It should not be that difficult to locate.

Wait, he took that back. He found everything he needed in that very soul sand valley. Although it wasn't very big, it was definitely netherbrick in the distance.

Climbing up to the top of the soul sand plateau, Technoblade groaned. Of all the nether fortresses, the soul sand valley biome was the most challenging fortress to conquer due to the alarming monster spawn rates. However, it was probably a blessing in disguise as Technoblade wanted to farm blazes and wither skeletons efficiently.

"I've been ready for you since I trained hard for it. Did you think I only maxed out all my available combat levels?"

The monsters loitering on top of the fortress might be unaware, but Technoblade came prepared. He bought all sorts of skills from the system shop, including [Auto Eat], [Fast Traveller], [Weightless] and [Night Vision], to free up inventory space. Now, he only ever ate golden apples because he was that rich.

Ping!

[Congratulations! You have completed the quest [Hot Spots]. The reward [Town Permit] is presently activated under your character tab. A new quest tree for civilisation is now available.]

Yes! This was the moment Technoblade had been waiting for. Honestly, he wanted to get out of the nether now that he could create a village. If the gold shop was that powerful, surely the emerald trades from Aftercraft villagers would be better.