Chapter 30 - Witch Hunt

Observing the witches made Technoblade realise something. If a witch spotted him at a certain distance, they would drink a speed potion and hurry towards him in a straight path. They had zero consideration of anything else in their tunnel vision state, and Technoblade wondered if he could use that to his advantage. Thankfully, he was still faster than them on steroids with his maxed-out speed.

His goal was to gather a hundred witches in a pit for prime entertainment and watch them battle it out. The winner would then fight against him, and Technoblade would prove his superiority again to the world.

It was a perfect strategy.

But first, he needed to find a good location to dig – the pit.

Running back and forth to mark out the deep caves, Technoblade realised that witches were not the only monsters that spawned. The regular zombies, skeletons, cave spiders and vampire bats were here, but they were fewer. Witches terrorised most of the swamp biome.

If Aftercraft had monster spawning mechanics, Technoblade never figured it out. Instead, he learned to provoke witches and lure those regular monsters into killing the witches for him. Zombies were probably the most powerful monsters as they dealt the most damage when in a witch's immediate range. However, it took several zombies to kill one witch. Skeletons had a higher survival chance in a fight against witches, but the fight took forever. Losing patience, Technoblade eventually interfered.

Witches were not immune to the effects of poison, and they did not have milk to get rid of the effects. So much so for being a master of buffs and debuffs when cow piss can cure it all. Knowing that poison was effective against his mortal enemy made things very interesting.

As Technoblade dug around the perimeters of the cave and blocked off certain cave sections, he found the ideal location for the pit. It was a distance from where he started mining down from Carl's temporary stable. However, it opened up nicely into a huge stoney ravine. The terrain was treacherous, with witches spawning in the maze-like caves leading to it.

This had to be the heart of the cave. Technoblade could not find a better spot. He mined the diamonds and rare ores when he could and used the tons of netherrack in his inventory to make the ravine a little shallower. The ravine ledges were expanded adequately so that he would not fall off them instantly. However, Technoblade deliberately left some gaps between the ledges and placed trapdoors to fool the witches into thinking they were solid blocks.

When a witch gave chase, Technoblade would sprint across to the other side of the ravine using his broken bridge. The witches, on a chase, would follow his path and assume that trap doors were solid blocks and safe to cross. They should fall into the pit below. It wasn't a huge pit, about ten by ten blocks wide and two blocks deep. If every witch that fell in stood on a space without walking around, a hundred witches should be able to stand shoulder to shoulder.

The preparations were complete, and all Technoblade had to do was find some witches to lure them into his trap. The witch hunt was closer to a game of tag. When Technoblade spotted a coven of witches, he would get up there and swing his fist at the closest witch so that she would scream and gather the other witches' attention.

Witches had terrible eyesight, and Technoblade learned that the hard way. The first time he tried to lure the coven, he failed and ended up killing the witch. It was easier than he thought it would be, but the moment he snuck up on the next and failed to kill her in one strike, her scream alerted the group. They started hurling different potions at him, and Technoblade almost did not make it out alive.

The lesson learned from that encounter was how witches turned into bitches really fast if he failed to kill them in one strike. The critical attack chance did not come very often, so Technoblade would rather play safe than sorry.