Chapter 37 - Globetrotter

Waking up feeling revitalised to take on a new day, Technoblade closed the mining shaft to the deep caverns permanently. There should not be a need to return to this place now.

The nether star in his inventory spoke volumes about how much progress he had made thus far. From waking up without armour, Technoblade was now truly invincible against all overworld monsters. He had the best weapons and armour that no regular monster could hope to defeat but the same could not be said about the ender dragon.

According to the detailed guidebook, Technoblade must raise an army to bring along with him for the dragon conquest. His secretary worked hard to ensure Orphania worked seamlessly, and Technoblade decided to take this beautiful day to commemorate his brilliance.

"Of all the things I don't have, it had to be obsidian."

Sighing, Technoblade made a quick trip to the burning forest and mined four pieces of obsidian. He let the crafting workshop craft his beacon as he returned just in time for dinner with the new babies.

"Hello," he greeted the teacher in the nursery. The babies were learning well, and thanks to his only couple's private education, these children were becoming more capable.

Checking the villagers in training, Technoblade counted that there were enough around to start expanding his productions to something more complex. With enough basic resources, it was time that Technoblade upgraded to the iron age. That's right. He needed a lot of blacksmiths to make the gears and tools he needed for that private army. At the same time, he needed more secretaries to oversee these people.

Sleeping the night off, Technoblade resumed work in the morning and chose the most intelligent graduate of the lot to become his next secretary. Due to the exceptionally high intellect stat above twenty, this new secretary was able to manage more villagers, and Technoblade quickly reserved this person to be his army commander. He chose another person to be in charge of his domestic operations, and the new scribe took on the secretary role without complaints.

"Train five miners," Technoblade assigned the iron pickaxe tools to five villagers with high strength and stamina. "I need a blacksmith, a toolsmith, a weaponsmith and an armourer on top of one mineral miner. This team will be in charge of producing enough for the rest of the villagers who need jobs."

The junior secretary got to work at once, ushering the fresh graduates to their job site. Technoblade studied his quest tree. In addition to the iron age, there was a husbandry section of the quest that he could complete for bonus leadership points.

The number of leadership points he could gain would indicate the number of people he could bring to the end. Presently, he could only bring one NPC to fight with him. Honestly, that wasn't enough. Technoblade thought about it. He needed at least three NPCs to help him win the final fight.

After reading through the village occupations and abilities, Technoblade shortlisted a few useful villagers that would make a good raid party. A priest was basically Aftercraft's version of a healer. The magician was akin to a free positive effect dispenser. The effects would be random, but Technoblade liked having that sort of upper hand against a dragon. The archer was the last NPC he thought would be nice to tag along with his raid party. To be more specific, he needed dragon bait. The archer was a good distraction so that Technoblade could work on decimating his enemy. He doubted that villagers could aim well. The skeleton archers sucked at shooting, so Technoblade did not count on archers to take down the end crystals.

Ping!

With the beacon finally ready, Technoblade decided to make a basic beacon in his mountain base. However, upon collecting his trophy, the system sent him a new message.