Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Two months later it was Amy's 16th Birthday.
Amy and Lou had taken on a Ranch Hand by the name of Caleb, although the Holiday Village hadn't been built yet he was helping Amy and Jack.
Lou arranged for Amy to go with Caleb to get some supplies from Maggie's while she quickly got the house ready with everyone else helping. Caleb had taken a liking to Amy although he was much older but Amy wasn't interested anyway, she was hoping Ty would come back but how long should she wait.
Lou was watching out for them and saw Calebs truck approaching,  everyone hid in the lounge waiting. Amy walked in and the lights came on and they started singing Happy Birthday .
Amy was genuinely shocked as she assumed everyone had forgotten.
Caleb kept trying to get Amy outside and she told Lou that it was getting annoying as he was to old for her at 20 and she was just 16.
Lou went outside and had words with Caleb that Amy was off limits and she sort of already had a boyfriend.
The rest of the evening went well although she could tell her little sister was missing a certain someone..
Amy decided to go and see Spartan, she made sure the rear door was locked and the office door then went over to Spartan.
Amy was busy talking about how she felt to Spartan as he was a good listener and he never interrupted her.

She was in her own little world when she realised someone was closing the front Barn door and thought it was either Lou or Grampa.
When she turned round she froze,  Tim was looking at her, she had her hair all wavy and she was in a mid thigh dress with little black boots, she looked beautiful.
"Wow Amy, you've grown so much, and Happy Birthday".
"You shouldn't be here, thank you for wishing me a happy birthday, but what do you want!!".
"You, your a fantastic Show Jumper and I want to take you on the circuit with a real horse not that pony".
"First of all Spartan is not a pony, he's a thoroughbred Show Jumper. I'm also at school and I have clients".
"Yeah but it's only at weekends to start with".
"I'm not interested thanks, you'd better leave ".
"I'll leave when I'm good and ready Amy, I'm your father and you'll do as I say".
"Pft, since when have you been my father, I don't know who you are, I don't remember you. I'm going back to my party".
The Barn door was still open about three foot and Amy headed straight for it but Tim grabbed her swinging her round against the main post of the first stall, the next she knew was her feet were not touching the floor and Tim was Red in the face with his hand around her throat and she had blood pouring from her nose down her face.
"You will do as your told little girl, your just like your sister Lou who gave me the same problems".
Amy found it hard to breath or talk but managed to get a few words out.
"I wonder why that was if this is how you treated her".
She then kicked him in the ball's,  when he let go she ran towards the house and crashed through the door collapsing onto her knee's.

                🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎

"AMY!!!!! ".
Lou ran to her and saw her eye's badly blood shot and streaming,  she was trying to get her breath and managed to say "Tim, Barn".
Jack got his rifle and two guests followed him out to look for him. By the time they got to the Barn they heard his Truck driving off.
Lou got Amy to lay on her back then noticed her dress was up by the tops of her thighs so straightened it out to give her some modesty. She looked at her little sister and saw the bruises on her neck. This was something she remembered and why she left home.
Jack and the others walked back in saying that they'd heard his Truck driving off.
Amy didn't want to go to hospital or have the police around so he phoned Dr Virani even though it was late.

After Dr Virani had seen Amy she came out and spoke to the family.
"Right Amy's okay, she's suffering a bit of shock. Her bruising is shallow but if she has a problem breathing then call an Ambulance,  I can't really see any problems with her breathing but just keep an eye on her. Can I ask how this happened being as she's only 16 ".
Jack took her outside and updated her on the events of the evening.
"Not a good way to end her Birthday  is it".
"No it's not, but we're going to deal with Tim".
"Okay Jack, but be careful, you know what Tim's like with his anger issues".
"We will Tricia,  thank you for coming out so late".
"My pleasure Jack, take care, bye".
"Bye".
Lou said she'd stay with Amy over night and everyone went to bed.

Two day's Later Amy was back to normal apart from her bruises. The house phone rang and after Jack had Finished the call he asked Amy to go with him to Calgary.
Amy wasn't sure why her Grampa wanted her to go with him.
"So why are we going to Calgary".
"Well I had a phone call from Calgary Hospital, Ty was rushed in last night and asked for us".
"Why call us, he left us, me".
"Did he not tell you in his letter why he left".
"NO, he just said he had something he needed to do".
"Oh, sorry Amy I thought he'd of said".
"You mean you know why he left, how could you not tell me Grampa, the thing's I've been thinking and calling him".
"I'm sorry Amy, you know me, I Don't like to get involved".
"Grampa there's getting involved and then there's getting involved,  you could of said something,  anything, so tell me please".
Jack explained that Ty had received a letter from his dad and Ty wanted to see if they could reconnect what they lost.
Well I would of told him to go for it even though I'd have missed him".
Amy was annoyed that one, Ty could of told her ,and two , that Jack didn't say anything.
They finally got to Calgary Hospital and walked up to reception.

To be continued