Chapter 3:Preparations for the Funeral

When Paimon and I returned to Wangsheng funeral Parlour, it was a already 6.30pm. Zhongli was not joking about coming back before dusk.The orange rays of the setting sun shone onto Liyue, casting a warm golden glow upon the city of contracts.We finally returned with the incense which Zhongli took.

"Thank you,traveller.Lady Ning Guang will pay you handsomely at the funeral in two days time for all you've done to help us.Finding Xiao is not easy you know, traveller?"Zhongli said.

I nodded, then asked, "Why can't Xiao just come here and give us the incense?And why is he hard to find?"

Zhongli sighed, and replied, "Xiao is extremely busy, with his job of protecting Liyue and all. Have you not realised that you could barely find any monsters near Liyue? That is because Xiao is out there killing every single one that dares to walk near Liyue's walls. That tower in the west is one of the few spots he rests at, before heading out to kill more monsters.Xiao also hates crowds, and hates mingling with 'mortals'.He's always on the move so he is hard to find.Even Lady Ning Guang does not know much about him.She only knows the information I just told you, and the knowledge of him resting at the tower in the west is widespread information. However, lots of monsters crowd around there due to Xiao's bad Karma, so most people stay away from his resting place.Look,how about you go to Liyue's public Library and borrow a book about Adepti and Yakshas? I don't have the time to answer all your questions."

I nodded and thanked Zhongli.Zhongli also passed me a piece of parchment before heading back into the funeral Parlour, and a small bag of around 1million mora. It was from Ning Guang. The Mora would cover the cost of my stay at Wangshu inn, while the parchment held some instructions for tomorrow.I stored the parchment and mora in my magical inventory and started heading towards Liyue's public library. On my way there, some citizens of Liyue stared at me and gossiped about me. They did not even bother to gossip softly.

'Damn she's so pretty! She looks like an angel! Well that's an honorary Knight of Favonius for you! I heard stories of her from Mondsdaht, she became an honorary knight in less than 5 months!'I could hear them gossiping.

I turned around and gave a few of them glares.I thought my fame would remain in Mondsdaht but I guess I was wrong.Jean made me an honorary Knight of Favonius after that incident with Stormterror, and helping the knights of favonius overall. I missed Mondsdaht, the city of freedom. Even though it wasn't the best place for children, with monsters and enemies everywhere, but it was beautiful in it's own right. I entered the library and searched the shelves of books for one about Adepti. Suddenly, a man with ginger hair and sea blue eyes walked beside me.I glanced at him, a cautious look on my face.He was from the Fatui, and I felt that I had seen him somewhere before,I just could not remember where. I knew it, the Fatui must have stolen Rex Lapis's Gnosis before I could get to him.I was too late, again.

"Good evening, traveller." The man greeted, a smile on his face, "We've never met but I have heard a lot about you from the last meeting the emissary had. I am Childe, nice to meet you."

I was still staring at Childe cautiously.I was not taking any chances.I could not fight him in here, it might endanger civilians.

"Let's talk outside."I said, my eyebrows narrowing.

"Sorry, traveller.I'm not falling for that old trick. I'll be staying in here, thank you very much. Plus, you would not want to create a scene, do you?"

"I'll just get to the point, why are you here?"I asked, "Give me one good reason for me to not summon my sword right now and chop off your head. Go on."

Childe laughed, saying, "Aww, there's no need for bad manners, traveller.Just give me Morax's Gnosis."

Anger boiled up inside me.