Chapter Fourteen

Marshal's POV:

I went to the doctor's office last night and they told me my ribs look fine and that I can start walking with crutches. My foot however is not ready to leave the cast yet.

Lilliana says she's glad to see me finally walking around the house and that she hopes I'll go hang out with her and Keaton at the mall soon.

I really would like to go hang out with them but there's somthing I haven't been liking about feeling like the third wheel for the last two weeks since she came home.

"Lilliana, I need to talk to you about somthing." She gave me that look like she thought I was upset with her and I patted her on the head.

"Hey it's nothing bad I swear." She relaxed on the sofa beside me.

"It's about Keaton. He hasn't said much to me or really wanted to hang out with me since you've gotten home. He's clinging onto you. And I know he's your best friend but for some reason it makes me think that he doesn't really want to be friends with me anymore."

She sighs. "Mars. You're being ridiculous. We've always been this clingy with eachother. But trust me, he isn't avoiding you. And if he is, he always has a good reason."

"But I didn't do anything for him to want to avoid me, did I?"

"Well no not really. In that case he's probably not avoiding you. Since when did you start caring so much about Keaton? Remember you used to hate him so much you would never stop talking about him."

I blushed. "Yeah well maybe it's just different now... I don't know why okay?" I slumped on the couch.

"I am not one for reading between the lines but you don't normally wear that facial expression. You seem frustrated."

I debated telling her somthing I had a feeling I would regret. "So you know how much I used to hate gay people?"

"Yes. You make Keaton's life a nightmare. Are you trying to tell me your no longer homophobic because I've kinda picked up on that already. Congratulations." I suddenly felt like shit again upon her pointing this out to me.

"Well I have been considering lately that I may have been suppressing some sort of attraction to him."

She looked confused for a moment, and then excited. "Wait are you telling me you're not straight or have I missread the situation?" I slid further down into the couch.

"Lilliana, I don't know what the fuck is going on with me. I have never been so intrigued by another guy before. Every time he touches me I am terrified by my own thoughts. I swear to God if you tell him any of this..."

"I won't. But just know this: Keaton is a bit fragile, okay? He isn't someone you can just experiment with and ditch like how you might be considering. If you do that to him he will never forgive you."

"It's not like that okay? I think I actually have feelings for him. I think I've fallen for him."

She gets up and walks to the freezer and pulls out two small tubs of ice cream, and I walk in behind her. "Ok Mars. I will invite him over for a sleepover tonight and give you two some space. This should give you time to figure it out. But you better not play with his feelings or lead him on if you're not serious about him."

I thought about it for a moment and realized that I was in fact serious about him. It was somthing I was trying my best to suppress but when I really thought about it, I knew exactly how I felt.

It didn't take long for his mom to drop him off at the house or for my parents to make themselves scarce. Lilliana's idea of staying away was sitting on the chair on the other side of the room. But honestly I was okay with that as long as Keaton was sitting next to me on the couch. I scooted into him and wrapped my arm around him which caught him off guard. We settled into the movie.

Lilliana decided to play Deadpool. Not exactly the romance I was hoping for but I suppose Ryan Reynolds ass was a pleasant surprise. Maybe this was the time of sexual awakening for me.

At the end of the movie we were all yawning and getting ready to call it a night. Lilliana made some excuse that she felt like sleeping alone tonight and that her parents probably didn't want her sharing a room with a boy.

So of course I invited him to sleep in my room with me. He had brought his pajamas with him and changed in my room while I tried not to look but it was hard. I snuck a glance here and there at his back and downward as he faced away from me. It turned me on a little to see him pull his pajama pants up over his ass.

Keaton turned off the lamp and pulled the covers over us so that all I could see was his face. He turned to face me still hugging his ladybug pillow pet. Dear God, I wish that were me instead.

I could barely make out the smirk on his face that should have warned me that he was about to say somthing teasing or foolish. "Marshal... do you finally love me?" There was a gleam in his eye when he spoke, a solid confidence.

He knew I did, just not how or how much. I had him completely and utterly fooled. I was a trickster to let him believe I still held my heart cold and unbeaten in my chest like before. Now instead my heart is in his hand, hot and full of life.

There's a skip in its rhythm when he speaks unaware of what he's doing to me, but it's impossible that he would ever know because if he did that would be the end because there's no way to make a boy love you back when all you've done before is prove that you're not really worthy of being loved.

"You've won this time Keaton. At last, you've won my affection." And I tried not to breathe too hard as he rested his head on my shoulder. I'm not entirely sure of the exact moment when i fell but when i did it felt like i had fallen in a sink hole and the weight of the earth was pulling me down and burying all my thoughts in him.

I couldn't think without being graced by the beauty of his face, the smoothe edges of his body playing on my mind. I was completely blown away by how out of control my emotions had become in his presence.

It was pointless to wish for escape when i knew he had me trapped in his grasp. Not that i objected to being there. Though I'm sure if he knew he would definitely object. I was growing more and more afraid of scaring him away.

What would I do without Keaton in my life, what did I ever do before I fell for him? I layed there facing him for a while before the temptation to reach out and touch him became to much and I forced myself to turn around so that he was almost spooning me.

This was much much worse. When had we gotten so close to the point where I'm no longer offended that he uses my full name? "Goodnight Marshal."

I held onto the moment that his breath lingered on my ear, and counted his breathes on the back of my neck as we fell asleep.