Prolog

"Although now things were different, it was bound to happen and I wouldn't change a thing. It felt good for them to know now, and I couldn't wait to live the rest of my life with them."

     Yeah, scratch that. Although it was great at times living with them, having them in my life. It was so stressful with how much The Beatles' fame was growing and how John was becoming distant from me.

     It had been one year since I had broken the news to my loved ones about my incredible gift from a simple locket that my teacher had given me. No more lying about where I was leaving for days at a time, no more being secretive and no more hiding my true self. It was such a relief having that heavy weight off my shoulders.

     The Beatles were now in the process of recording their fifth album. A lot of emotion was being put into the album considering the states the boys were in. They were all dealing with the struggle of drugs and alcohol. F*ck you, Bob Dylan. I thought to myself every time I saw one of the boys pop a pill, light a cigarette or drink a glass of wine. Bob Dylan had introduced them to the "joys" of marijuana which is so sad, considering the consequences afterward. They're only killing themselves and knowing the way George's life's going to end - it's awful. I've tried to stop them before but I always get the same response,

     "Don't worry, love. We're alive, aren't we?"

     Not for long if you keep it up!

     But more personally, John had been acting strange around me. I mean, I understand why. I was in the wrong of not telling him at least about my powers. Since that whole thing, I've always felt on edge with John, worrying that I would do or say something wrong which would break his trust more than it already has. Over the past few months, I've slowly gained it back but it's the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It especially wasn't helping when the public was constantly fat shaming him, which is really stressful to him (being worried he'd ruin the Beatles' reputation).

     Everything was just up and down all the time with no smooth break.