Chapter Twenty Seven - Suspicious Minds

I knew that from this moment on, my relationship with John was in jeopardy. I somehow had to make John stay with me and not fall for Yoko. Not only would it be good for us, but for The Beatles too. From this moment on is where John's bandmates will start to slowly but surely argue with his commitment to the band and inputs. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's all Yoko's fault. But she is a contributing factor with all the other many reasons.

     For the rest of the night, I kept a close eye on John and Yoko as the rest of us went around and looked at the other paintings. John was so intrigued by Yoko's art that he stayed with her and wouldn't let anyone else come near them to interrupt unless it was one of us. But if it was, he would be very dry with his responses. For example, about half an hour ago, someone had done a really cool photograph of Ringo and John chit chatting at a coffee shop, and so Ringo went to go get him for him to see, but John was rude and shooed him away,

     "Yeah, yeah, cool Rings." He even interrupted him. Ringo walked back to us, looking a little sad and he remained sad the rest of the night. He really didn't deserve that.

     Towards the end of the night, I saw Yoko touching him in a flirty way, but trying to play it off as innocent friendship. I knew it wasn't, though. Once I saw that, I went over to John, grabbed him by the arm and said,

     "It's closing, let's go.". I started walking and dragging him with me before he could say bye to Yoko.

     I barely slept that night, just from thinking of all the obvious attraction I saw between John and Yoko. It was love at first sight. John had no problem going to sleep. I then felt him turn around and hold me in his sleep. Who knew if this would be the last time I got to sleep next to him like this and have him be loving towards me.

     The next morning I woke up, with much less sleep than John had gotten. I decided I needed to talk to him about how he feels about Yoko.

     "Good morning, John." I greet him as I walk into the kitchen.

     "Morning." He replied, simply.

     "I feel like we should talk about something from last night." I told him, as I got my cup of coffee.

     "What is it?" He asked, sitting at the table about to eat his breakfast.

     "Why were you talking to Yoko pretty much all night long?"

     "It was only for an hour."

     "No, it was about three quarters of the night." I corrected him.

     "Well I was talking to her because we were bonding about her interesting art and she likes The Beatles."

     "Everyone likes The Beatles, John, are you going to talk to everyone about your band then? And everyone's art there was interesting. You didn't spend three quarters of the night talking to every artist there. You didn't even care for the man who had the portrait of you and Ringo, and you would usually be in awe of something like that."

     "Are you jealous, Y/N?" John asks me, slamming his fork down on his plate. He was getting angry, and to be quite honest, he had every right to be considering the direction this conversation was taking.

     "Honestly, yes, I am, John. You two were very flirty with each other if I do say so myself. I know you well, John, and it feels like you got eyes for the woman. And I know women, and she has a hundred percent eyes for you."

     "What makes you think I would have eyes for a woman I just met and will probably never see again? Y/N, I only love you. You know that."

     I took a moment to think about what he had just said. Maybe it was different in this universe, and maybe I was just overthinking everything.

     "Yeah, I'm sorry." I cut the conversation short and decided to see what goes on. "Um, John?" I ask.

     "Yes?"

     "I'm going to go visit my family in my world. I felt a little homesick. I'll be back in a week or so." I gave him a little kiss on the head and then ran up to our room to find the locket. I felt bad lying to him. I didn't feel necessarily homesick, but I did miss them and I needed to clear my head in reality over the John and Yoko stuff.

     I put on the locket and jumped through the familiar big green portal ... next thing I knew, I was in my parents kitchen.