09

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

it was the second show in boston for the "letter's i can't send" tour. the group of friends were all crowded around grace, as she got her makeup done by her makeup artist.

"last night with you guys.." the girl sighed as she stopped the makeup process, turning her head to face the triplets and alanha.

"we're gonna miss you so much." alanha replied softly, walking over to pull the girl into a hug. "don't disappear from us ever again, okay?"

"i won't. i promise." the raven haired girl replied, pinky promising alanha.

"you better mean it, kid" elmer said cooly, trying not to show any sappy emotion, but clearly it wasn't working.

"enough of this sappy shit!" chris exclaimed. "it's your last night and last show here for this tour, soooo let's be hyped! you're gonna do great!"

grace giggled at her best friend's optimism. "i love you chris" she said as she wrapped her arms around him. "thank you all for coming tonight." the girl let go, and went over to grab something from her bag.

"uh, these are the letters i, um, couldn't send.."

the room fell silent. what did she mean by that?

"grace.. what?" matt broke the silence. he was shocked and confused.

"when i first moved to la, i- i wrote you guys letters that i couldn't bring myself to send because they were too painful, especially since i, i left behind the ones i love most." the girl explained, as her voice cracked through parts of it.

"s-so is that why.. is that why the album is called 'letters i can't send'?" chris asked obliviously.

"chris, you dumbfuck, obviously." nick replied annoyedly, sending the boy a look.

the girl sighed, "yes, chris. that is why it's called that."

"oh i thought it was just about matt." the boy shrugged, as he took a sip of his pepsi.

the group's eyes widen at the comment he had just made. honestly, christopher, you need to learn how to be quiet about this stuff. the girl thought to herself.

matt looked over at grace, who was standing opposite from him in the circle they were in, who looked over at savannah.

"what. the. fuck." savannah mouthed.

the room was one again silent, and still, all eyes on christopher. "what? i was just saying what everyone was thinking!" the boy shrugged once more.

"uh, well, i mean, it- it- it is." grace confessed, looking over at matt, trying to see his reaction. but her frown deepened as she watched his head immediately drop down, as those words fell out of her mouth.

"but uh, anyways, here are the, um, letters." the girl cleared her throat, as she handed brown envelopes, which had been addressed to of them, to nick, chris and alanha.

when she got to matt, the girl let out a shaky breath, as she handed him his. she was nervous about his reaction to the thin stack of envelopes, especially since he hasn't said a word ever since he stepped into the dressing room, all addressed to the raven haired boy.

the letters were something only she knew about, so this was quite a shock for savannah too. though the stack seemed thin, there was much more written in them. the words she couldn't bring herself to say out loud to him. the words she wished she could've said a long time ago, if only she had the courage. the courage to face them all again.

"oh." matt let out a deep breath. "thank you."

grace nodded as a response.

"oh uh, grace, where's elliot?" alanha asked curiously. the whole group had been wondering that ever since they've gotten there. i mean, you would expect your friends boyfriend to be at their show, right?

"oh he's back in london.."

"why?" matt asked curiously. this was the second time he's spoken in the past forty minutes the group had been in there.

grace shrugged, "family stuff."

the boy formed an "o" shape with his mouth and went back to scrolling aimlessly through his phone.

"whatcha doin, matty b?" grace asked, as she plopped down onto the couch next to him.

"nothing" he replied, as he put away his phone in his pocket, fiddling with the envelopes he was given earlier. "could i read these?"

"uh.."

"alrighty then, i'll read them when you leave." the boy chuckled, as he put them into his hoodie's pocket.

the girl chuckled softly, "i'd like that."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"in honor of this being my last show in my hometown, here's an unreleased song i wrote about my best friends, who are here again, tonight! sav, chris, lana, elmer, nick, and matt, this one's for you guys." the girl spoke into the mic, shouting out her best friends. "this is called 'feels like'."

and the words to the song were true. i would do whatever you wanted, we don't have to leave the apartment. met you at the right time, this is what it feels like. these five people were her favorite people. they were her home. they brought her home.

"and i need you sometimes, we'll be alright, and i miss you sometimes, we'll be alright, met you at the right time, this is what it feels like" the girl belted out the bridge, looking over at her friends in the left wing.

in the left wing, the group of friends had tears in their eyes. they were stunned at the girl's song, at her voice, at her talent, just her.

as soon as she finished, the group in the left wing seemed to be cheering and screaming way louder than the whole arena, even though they weren't. it was hard for any of them to believe that this was the last time they would all be together till who knows when.

"thank you so much!" grace exclaimed to the crowd. "we have a few more songs left before we end it tonight, but god i really wish we could stay here forever."

the crowd awed and cheered as the girl began to become teary eyed. she didn't want this to be over yet. no one wanted this to be over yet.

but all of a sudden, her breathing began to become heavy, a headache began to grow, and she could feel her temperature escalating gradually by the second. and just before she could introduce the next song..

everything went pitch black.

authors note💌

well. thaaaaat was something!
you've got more of grace's pov here ig.
hopefully u guys liked this one.
what do u guys think happened btw?

thx 4 reading!!!!