15

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

matt and chris sturniolo were in the mcdonald's parking lot, eating their food in awkward silence. matt had absolutely no idea why it was so awkward but chris on the other hand, he knew exactly why. in fact, he was the one making it awkward.

"chris, dude, are you good?" matt broke the uncomfortable silent, adjusting himself on the seat a bit, setting down his drink.

"hm?" chris hummed as he sipped his drink.

"you're acting oddly weird, kid.."

"me? acting weird? no way." the boy tried to lie, tapping his foot onto the floor of the car rapidly.

"yes, you. what's up?"

"nothing! nothinggg!" the long haired boy's voice began to become high pitched.

matt's face straightened. the boy rolled his eyes, and let out a sigh. "chris, what is it? you're giving me a headache."

headache.

to chris, that word had a whole different meaning to him now. that sentence, had a whole different meaning to him now.

"well..." chris winced out.

"spit it out, kid!" matt's voice began to grow irritated.

"what happened in la?" chris blurted out, immediately throwing his hands up to his mouth.

"what?" matt was confused.

"the first time we went to la. what happened in la?" chris repeated himself.

"uh.. we met madi and laura, and all of our other friends" matt replied, still confused.

"no, matt. what happened in la between you and grace?"

"what?"

"what happened between you and grace in la?" chris asked again. he was now more nervous than he was before.

"n-nothing." matt lied.

"matt, i know what happened. i just need to hear it from you." chris revealed. he didn't want to believe that his brother could've done

the boy let out a sigh. guess he should get to storytelling...

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

a reality check. matthew bernard sturniolo, needed a reality check. he needed to stop believing that a romantic relationship between him and grace could ever exist again.

sometimes, he would spot a glimpse of the same look she used to give him in her eyes. but he wasn't the only one. both of them still had that look in their eye whenever they saw the other. it was the type of look that made you bite your tongue at seeing, hell, even talking to your crush. in any life, there would be no doubt that these two are lovers, but unfortunately, they weren't. not anymore at least.

he knew she was happy, and he respected that. he was happy for her. ish.

"matt? matt, are you listening to me?" a voice cut through the boy's thoughts. he had clearly been spacing out.