12

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

grace was on her bedroom floor, strumming her guitar, trying to make a decent tune, when all of a sudden she gets a call from elliot. she hasn't seen him in awhile, thought you'd expect him to be here with her as soon as he found out what had happened to her. you know? like how the lovers will drop everything they're doing at any given moment, to get to the other as quickly as possible. everyone but grace expected elliot to show. everyone but grace.

"hi, love" the boy says softly from the other line.

the girl slightly cringes at the nickname. she can't help it but still reserve it for someone else.

"hi eli" the girl replied.

"how are you feeling?"

"a lot better than a few days ago." the girl replied, half smiling.

"look, grace. i'm swamped with work and all so i can't come down to boston any time soon. i'm really sorry."

"oh, thats okay. don't worry about me. i'm good now anyways." the girl replied. she wasn't shocked he couldn't come down. her boyfriend was simply a busy guy, and for some reason, she was glad he wasn't coming. right now, she just needed time for herself, her mom, and her friends.

"i'm sorry again, love. but i'll meet you up for the georgia shows, kay?

"okay.."

elliot gave her a sad but soft smile. it killed him knowing he wouldn't be able to help her get better. "listen, i've gotta go. i'll see you soon, okay?"

"okay."

"i love you."

"love you." the girl sighed as the call ended. she knew she should be upset but she wasn't. she knows she should sad about it but, instead she was ready to have some of the best days without him.

fear. she feared that if elliot came to boston again, which luckily he isn't, that she would lose matt again, and just how he thought the same thing during the night of the accident, she's afraid that this could possibly lead to their separation forever.

of course she feared losing elliot too, but that was different? in a way, well, many many ways it was different.

but she loves elliot, not matt.

is it possible to love both? grace shook that stupid thought off. she loves elliot, and matt was just simply a ghost of her past life. but maybe, just maybe, he was way more that that.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

authors note💌

hii it's been a few days
since ive last update
so im sorry for that
and im sorry for the short
chapter as well. ive had MAJOR
writers block, so bare with me.
i'm still trying to brainstorm ideas
and stuff bc i don't wanna quit on
this book. check either sunday
or monday for a new update.