16

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

[lmfao im back]

one week. grace had one more week of temporarily leave before she's back on tour. one week seemed to be way too short. it felt like just two nights ago, the girl was in her room crying herself to sleep because she couldn't do what she had planned for so long.

plans. grace's plans. the girl had a passion for plans and for following said plans. she's got basically her whole life planned out, and when things like this interrupt her plans, she isn't so happy.

and even if this really, and i mean really, big hiccup made the plan she had for this tour, take a two week intermission, she didn't want her leave to end just yet. she had finally gotten her best friends all together again. she had finally been face to face with them after almost a year. the best friends she's known and loved since she was 8. she had finally gotten him back.

of course she knew it was silly, but for some reason, a tiny winy part of her believed that maybe they could exist again.

yeah she was quoting her own song but that thought was certainly still flowing through her mind constantly.

"you know, you spend quite a lot of time in your room staring at the ceiling." a voice interrupted the girl's thoughts.

turning her head to the right and lifting it up a bit from her bed, revealed chris sturniolo leaning against the door frame, all smiley.

a smile began to grow onto the girl's face. "christopher."

"grace." the boy grinned back.

she quickly got up from her bed, and wrapped her arms around the boys neck, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"i'm gonna miss these" chris whispered into her neck.

"me too." the girl hugged back. "but hey, i've got a week left. let's make the most out of it, yeah?"

"yeah."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"okay, so tell me about la" chris asked as he took a sip out of his pepsi.

the two were sat in a booth at olive garden, on their "bestie time date".

"you know, never expected to actually pursue that dream.. i mean we always thought i'd become a lawyer, you know, very.. argumentative, as my dad would say" the girl chuckled at the memory.

"man, do i miss rick." chris let out a breath.

"me too, chris. me too." the girl replied softly, looking down into her lap.

richard "rick" philips was grace's father, who sadly died from cancer the summer before her sophomore year. he was a good man, who treated grace's friends, like his own.

she began to fiddle with a thin gold bracelet, that she didn't even noticed she had on.

"you still have that thing?" chris asked, eyes looking down at the girl's wrist.

before grace could ask what the boy was talking about, it hit her what he was talking about.

"the bracelet.. you still have the bracelet." chris repeated himself.