kidnapping

When I get home, two women in dresses and sun hats stand in front of me.

One of them, my mom takes off her sunglasses and walks toward me as I'm about to get out of my truck. "Get changed we'll drive to the lake and no objections. This is understood as a family outing. hush hush, hurry up.".

I guess I have no choice as I am being pushed towards the front door and onto my room by her.

I like excursions but I'm not in the mood to pretend like we're a big happy family. "I will get to you guys in a minute ok? I have to call someone first." I say while closing the door in front of her.

While picking up the stuff I change into, I dial the number Robin gave me in case I need anything else from her, and indeed I need something from her. To be honest I need her time on Saturday. There is just no way I will go there alone.

Someone answers and it's her mother who tells me that Robin is currently working when I ask about her whereabouts. Luckily she also gave me the number of the video shop, which I call directly as soon as I thanked her and informed her mother that I would pick up Robin tomorrow evening. Just in case she says no or comes up with the excuse that her parents won't let her.

"Family Video, Steve Harrington, how may I help you?" the bored voice of a certain employee rings out over the phone.

"Hey Steve, it's me, Bora. Could  I talk to Robin for a sec?".

His tone and also his attention jumps from please leave me be to a toddler who is just staring at animals in the zoo within seconds of noticing who is on the phone.

"BoRa! Ahem I- I didn't expect you to call. Are you already done with the movies? I could recommend some to you if you'd like. An-"

Before he can stray any further from the topic than he already does, I interrupt his attempt at small talk "Steve, darling...Get me Robin on the phone. I want to ask her out," the moment I notice how that sounds I add "no... not like that. Chrissy, she invited me to this party and I don't wanna go alone.".

Steve chuckles and says "Why didn't you say so straightaway? You don't have any friends, but you don't want to come across as completely miserable. You could have asked me right away. I would love to come. No problem.".

I'm aware that he can't see how hard I'm rolling my eyes but I can't withstand it.

Somehow his kind and goofy nature frees my shoulders from all the pressure and stress that was weighing on me minutes ago. This lightness and the feeling of being able to entrust everything to him surprises me, but you can't call it unwelcome.

Laughing to myself, I answer him "I still need to ask Robin. And thank you for not letting me down. Very heroic of you.".

It seems like Robin noticed that I am on the phone cause she snatches it from him and slaps him somewhere. Can't see through the phone but can clearly hear it.

"Hello sorry for him. So what's the matter?".

As I notice that I don't have much time left to talk I take a deep breath to get everything across in one go "So Chrissy invited me to this house party, couldn't say no. You will come with me and Steve who invited himself a second ago. I already talked to your mom and she is fine with it and you should dress up because of what I heard is Vickie going to be there. So get your shit together and tell Steve to pick me up at nine-fifteen k? Good, need to go so... great day you guys. BY-" the rest breaks off when I hang up and go back to my bathing suits to decide whether I should pack it or wear it underneath.

My decision is to wear it underneath, it's much more efficient that way. I take my bathing suit from one of the boxes, which consists of short, tight high waisted shorts and a top with a V-neckline which are connected with rings and suspenders like over-knee socks are clipped at underwear.

The whole thing is floral design. Over it, I just throw on a short baggy overall made out of jeans material and no shirt because...useless.