1

PAGE 1

"My mother has always told me, "Trouble is easy to get into and hard to get out of." So, what do I do when trouble sucked me in? I feel so trapped, so lost and alone. It gets cold in here at night and the steel cot hurts my back until the point it's almost impossible to move. I'm six months pregnant, facing life in prison and I've spent everyday crying, wondering how the h*ll did I get into this. I have to get myself out of this, but some days I wonder if "it's what's out there really worth going back to?" I'm often confused. The doctor says it could be trauma from my accident or pregnancy brain. I still don't remember much from that night, I can't say that I want to. I just want all of this to be over. I can hear the cages unlocking, that means the monsters are here, that's what I call these guards.

Signed, Caged and Confused"

"INMATE!" yelled C.O Griffin.

I jumped up immediately, "yes ma'am?"

She grabbed me by my shirt, "b***h, get up and get in line for count. You don't get special treatment around here. I'll slap a pregnant h*e, she bragged."

I stepped out of my cell and waited to be counted. I wasn't Deysire in here, I was Inmate 196060 and they were always watching. The c.o called my number and I was able to step back into my cell. Standing up has become a hassle, due to pregnancy. My baby girl was growing each day and was quite healthy. She is all I have in here, I haven't met her but I talk to her everyday. She knows all of my secrets and can feel every emotion. I try to keep myself afloat. She deserves it. I won't be able to rock her to sleep or wake up to the sound of her crying and it hurts like h*ll. I dread the day that I have to pass her over. It could be my last time with her. I don't want her visiting a prison and having her only memories of me being looking at me trapped into this h*llhole. She deserves the world.