36

"Frank?"

"Yes!" He said walking towards me.

I backed up. "Frank who?" I asked.

"Hope!"

"Who are you and what do you want?"

"I used to work for him years ago."

"What do you want from me?"

"Deysire, I want to help get you out of here. You shouldn't be in here. That bastard Frank got what he deserved."

"How do I know that I can trust you?"

"Because I am here because of Frank!"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I was raised by my mother, had no father no siblings, nothing. It was just me and my mom. I met his son."

"Angel?" I interrupted.

"Yes. Angel! I met him in middle school. He was also an only child but he had both parents. I started hanging out with him and grew attached to being at his house, taking on to being in a two parent household. Well, when I was a freshman in high school, my mother couldn't afford my basketball equipment. I asked Frank because he'd always tell me he thought of me as his son. Well, when I asked him, he told me that I'd have to work for it. I didn't see anything wrong with that, he was a father figure. Little did I know, he wanted me to take drugs from one part of the city to another."

"Did you do it?" I asked

"I had no choice. He damn near made me. I walked at least 10 miles every day and sometimes in the rain."

"Did you get robbed or caught?" I asked out of curiosity.

"No but once I decided to stop, he threatened to kill my mom if I ever told. I assured him that I wouldn't but he didn't believe me. He stabbed me and left me for dead. I was paralyzed for 13 months. In that time, I didn't pray to walk again but I prayed that no matter how long it takes, no matter what manner but that Frank would get what he deserves and when I read your case, and how you coincidentally ended up here with me, it was a miracle. Deysire, you're the answer to my prayers.