24

"Offer me freedom? How?"

"Listen, My boss is looking for an accountant and if you agree, then in return he gets you out of here."

"That sounds suspicious. Get me out of here how? Is he a lawyer or a judge, how can he get me out of here?"

"He's a powerful man."

"This sounds illegal and I have enough s**t going on, so, no thank you. I'll pass on the offer. Excuse me!" I said while walking past her to my bunk.

"Listen, give it some time."

Ms. Erma came through pushing the mail cart.

"You have two today." She smiled.

She glanced over and saw Ja'Zaye.
"Oh, here's your mail too. Must be something special. It's a big one."

She handed me the letter and it was from someone named Rachel Washington.
"Who is this?" I questioned out loud.

By this time, Ja'Zaye walked out of my cell. Whatever was in her mail must have been really important.

I opened the envelope and enclosed was a handwritten letter.

Dear Deysire,
I am Rachel and I know you don't know who I am, but now is a good of a time as any. I am Keith's new wife and Summer's mom. I just wanted to write you because I need to establish boundaries. I will not tolerate you ever reaching out to Summer. You have made your choices and I will not let those mistakes intervene in my daughter's life, EVER! I know that you and Keith have history but this my family and I'll work overtime to make sure trash never crosses my threshold. Hopefully, this is my only time having to tell you this.
With Love,
Mrs. Washington
P.S: I have enclosed a family photo in a separate envelope. I hope that you look at this picture and regret the choices you've made. Thanks again for my amazing family.

I opened the second envelope that held a printed off picture. There was Keith, her and MY daughter. I lost it. I was in so much rage that I started throwing things, knocking over our personal items that were on our shelf and pulling cabinets.

"Ahhhh" I screamed.

Rayna came running to the cell
"What the f**k is going on?"

"MOVE!" I demanded as I shoved past her, making my way out of my cell. My heart was racing and I was mad. I can't cry, I've done enough crying. It's time to start fighting, really fighting. I made my way to Ja'Zaye's cell.

"Yo, you good? Why you breathing so heavy?" She asked.

"F**k it! I'm in" I said.