3

"Oh, my baby." she cried while hugging me so tightly.
I closed my eyes and took a deep sniff at her. I could smell White Diamond and peppermints. She has been wearing this perfume since I was a kid.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" yelled the oveseeing guard. Physical contact had to be very minimal. We took our seats and she stared at me with a smile

"Well, I see you're glowing."

I pushed my hair back, attempting to make it look so not mesy. "I'm sorry, I forgot what today was."

"Don't apologize. You are just as gorgeous as the day that I took you home from the hospital.

Tears started to fall.

"Hey now, don't you go upsetting that baby." She smiled.

"Ma, tell me about her room again."

She always tells me how the room looks  for the baby,  because it makes me feel like I was there. I told her how I imagined it and she followed my vision.

She's getting custody of my daughter and that's the only thing that makes me happy. My mom will be able to tell her my truth.

My mom only stays for an hour because she has to drive 3 hours. I don't want her to be tired while taking that trip. She hasn't missed a visit. She held me a gender reveal over the phone. She's always trying to make the situation better but I know it's hard for her as well. Maybe even harder.