14

You stretched and heard Loki mumble beside you. After opening your eyes slowly, you saw Loki laying next to you. He'd cleaned your wound and, even though it was still morning when he had finished, insisted that you rested awhile. You agreed, but only if he stayed. So he did.

Loki also opened his eyes soon and you gave him a warm smile. The thought that your love might have been trying to kill you just hours before was still fresh, and terrifying, in your mind. Loki had explained everything that had happened from the meeting he had to attend last night without being able to tell you to how that creature even got here in the first place. It didn't make much a difference to you, as long as no one was hurt.

After taking some time to properly wake up and actually dress this time, Loki came up behind you and nuzzled your neck. "I have a surprise for you, my princess." He whispered before kissing your cheek. You turned around and looked into his eyes. "Another?" You asked. He laughed, which was truly the most beautiful sound to you, and nodded. "Another, for my beautiful angel." He stepped aside to reveal a box on the floor behind him. Strangely the box wasn't wrapped, but instead had many holes. You knelt down and opened it. Inside was an adorable, small, black kitten. "A kitten? Thank you Loki!" You said with joy. Loki laughed and knelt down beside you as you took the kitten out of the box.

"She didn't come with a name, so it's your choice dear." You smiled at him. "I'll name her (name)." You said happily. "Perfect." Loki moved the box and placed a pillow on the floor so you could sit with the kitten. "I'll be back dear, Thor needs to speak with me about the incident." You nodded and kissed him goodbye. Before he left the room, he conjured multiple toys, treats, and other cat supplies. You smiled gratefully and watched him leave.

It seemed like forever before Loki returned. It wasn't until the sun was moving down quickly that the door opened and Loki stepped in. You laid on the bed with your new friend on your lap and Loki smiled. "Sorry about the wait, love." Loki apologized as he walked over to you and gave you a kiss on your head. "That's alright." You replied. He got into bed next to you and the two of you murmured softly to one another while the night closed in.

"Promise we can spend more time together tomorrow?" You looked up at him with big eyes.

"I promise, my love. Now, we have all the time in the world."

You slowly drifted off to sleep as the wind blew the curtains to reveal a golden twilight.