Chapter 8

Y/N

When I wake up from my nap I realize that I've slept all afternoon and It's now dark out. I hear the roar of Billy's car pulling up into the driveway and decide to change into my tank top and short shorts that I wear to sleep and go out to greet him and Max. He gets out of his car, slams the door, and points at me "You need to fucking deal with her. I'm done. You're her sibling not me." and then storms inside the house. One look at Max and my rage boils. I walk into the house after Billy and start yelling "Like it or not asshole, she is your sibling. Your dickhead of a father married our mother and now we are stepsiblings. So cut your fucking bullshit. She is a kid. Just because your father abuses you doesn't give you any fucking right to treat her like shit." I know I fucked up as soon as he turns around. 

Pinning me against a wall he gets within inches of my face and growls "Don't you fucking dare bring my father into this. You have no idea what you are talking about" "I know that he abuses you. I know that he abused your mom and that's why she left. I know a whole lot more than you think I do Billy." "Oh yeah? Like fucking what" He's yelling at me now "Like the fact that you didn't use to be such a fucking dick! You used to be nice and caring and now you're hard and abused and hate everything!" "You don't know shit."

That's all he says before letting me go and stalking off to his room. I look over at Max who just saw all of that and I give her a soft smile. "I'm sorry..." Max says softly. I'm the only one she shows a vulnerable side to. I take her into my arms and we go to my room to talk about everything that has happened. 

She finally tells me that her crush is a boy named Lucas Sinclair. He's part of this "party" that she wants to join but she can't because of a boy named Mike Wheeler and his girlfriend whose name is Eleven. It's all kind of confusing because apparently, Lucas has told her that this world isn't the only one and they are currently searching for a slimy lizard thing called a Demogorgon.

We both agree that everything that just came out of her mouth sounds literally insane and then we make some popcorn and watch movies for the rest of the night.