Chapter 15

Y/N

"Just get ready" Steve says before he throws his lighter at Dustin. I kind of feel bad for going off on him, but at my school in California, I was always considered the freak. I'd never tell anyone that but it just pissed me off hearing him judge Eddie before even getting to know him.

My heart drops as Steve exits the bus, he's gonna get himself killed! What the hell does he think he's doing? Dustin pulls the bus door closed after Steve leaves "Does he always do stupid shit like that?" I ask him "He always puts us first, he's really a good guy. He's just a dumbass sometimes, well, all the time." I nod and chuckle at Dustin's insults and he says that we need to get ready. 

Still, I can't help but go to the window and watch Steve as he walks towards where the lizard is with his bat in hand. He starts whistling and saying "Come on buddy" "What is he doing?" Max asks when she comes down from the roof "I don't know" I tell her worriedly "He's expanding the menu" Dustin tells us. "He's insane," Max says "A borderline psychopath" I add. "He's awesome," Dustin says. Max and I just look at each other and both say "Boys" with a big eye roll.

"What the fuck is that? Is that the Lizard? Is that the fucking lizard?" I say panicked because holy shit that bitch is scarier than I imagined, they all nod. And Steve is out there all alone ready to face this thing. I look at Max and say "I'm sorry Maxie" before pulling my secret gun from my boot and leaving the bus to help Steve. "Y/N no!" I hear my sister yell right before Dustin closes the door behind me. 

I make my way next to Steve and point the gun at the... whatever the fuck you want to call it. "When did you get a gun?" He asks me "I'm always carrying, it's for protection." I tell him.  "Steve! Y/N! Watch out" Lucas yells "A little busy here!" We both yell back to him "Three o'clock! Three o'clock!" Lucas starts yelling louder  "I got your back," I tell Steve and I turn to face the thing. "Steve! Abort! Abort!" Dustin starts yelling from the bus door. "Close that damn door and protect Max!" I yell back at Dustin and I start shooting the lizard I'm facing as Steve swings at his with the bat.

The kids start yelling at Steve and me to run back to the bus, and we do but one scratches my leg and knocks me down. Steve turns and starts running back to me but I yell "Get to the kids! I've got this little shit" And I shoot until I run out of bullets and am able to get back up. I make it back to the bus and collapse into Steve's arms, he sets me on the floor away from the door and Max asks "Are they rabid or something?" "Max," I say to her "They are fucking aliens"

Just then, one of the alien lizard things busts through the door and Steve starts swinging at it, "IS ANYONE THERE? MIKE? WILL? ANYONE! GOD!" Dustin yells into a walkie talkie and another alien attacks the window they were next to. "We are at the old Junkyard, and we are going to die!" Dustin continues talking into the device. "Hey Dustin, maybe think some happy thoughts yeah?" I say to him.

Just for a moment, it's quiet. And then there is a loud banging on the roof. Max screams and Steve pushes her out of the way "Out of the way! Out of the way!" he yells "You want some? Come get this!" the alien lizard screeches at him and I am sure he is about to die when all of a sudden it stops, and leaves.

"Come here," Steve says to me as he picks me up and helps me walk "You okay?" he asks and I just nod. My leg is bleeding profusely and I'm mostly gonna need to go to the hospital to get some blood and stitches. "I think I need a hospital" I tell him and he says "No, They are going somewhere, it's not safe for you."

He takes his button-up shirt off and wraps it above the cuts to help stop the bleeding "It's not that deep surprisingly, we just need to stop the bleeding and clean them and you'll be okay." "We need to get her home" Max tells him "Only if you're coming and staying with me Maxine. I'm not gonna have you out here without me to help protect you." I tell her "I don't need protection! Plus, Steve is here and he did a pretty good job" she argues. "Max... Please, for me."