Chapter 5

Eddie

Y/N Mayfield, She's sweet. But there is something more to her, I can sense it.  We've been smoking for the past couple of hours, and school is almost over now. "So, Eddie 'the freak' Munson?" she laughs out "It's true, I've been called that for as long as I can remember" I laugh with her. I don't quite know how we got on this topic. We are walking back to the school and we see the basketball jocks all walking toward the gym. "What do you say Mr. 'The Freak', want to go watch the real freaks and make fun of them together?" "For you princess? I will do anything" I take her hand in mine and we run off to sneak into the gym, her laugh lighting up the entire area that we take up.

As we settle into the bleachers she turns to me and asks "Why do you call me Princess? I am far from one... Princesses are pink and pretty and all things glittery and good... And I-" I cut her off "You are beautiful and goth and all of the even better things in the world. Plus, the pink princesses are usually bitches deep down. You, Y/N, are amazing." "How can you say that? We just met" she laughs "I know, but I don't know... There's just something about you I guess, let's watch the practice yeah?" 

She nods and I put my arm around her as we start to make fun of the jocks. "You see Billy Hargrove over there?" she asks and I nod "You're not one of the girls that's obsessed with him now are you Princess?" she scowls and says "Gods no, he's my stepbrother!" and we both bust out laughing "What I was gonna say, is that he knows how to get into peoples heads, watch how he interacts with that guy right there" "That guy? you mean Steve 'the Hair' Harrington?" she goes pale at my words, but I do as she asks and watch Billy's interaction with Steve anyway.

"Alright! Alright, Alright! King Steve. King Steve, everyone. I like it. Playing tough today." Billy shouts to the room. "Jesus! Do you ever stop talking? Come on!" Steve yells back. "What? Are you afraid that the coach is gonna bench you now that I'm here? Huh?" One look at Steve says that Billy just hit the target right on the head. And two seconds later Steve is lying flat on his back and Billy is making the basket. "He's such a dick" Y/N mutters under her breath. "Who? Steve?" I question her. Last year I would have agreed with her, but this year Steve seems a lot more mellow. "No, Billy. He didn't use to be this way, he'd play fair and treat people like they weren't just a means to an end. Now he's just a dick all the time" she murmurs I kiss her forehead which seems to make her feel a little better and we just decide to leave the gym and skip the rest of the day. I put my arm around her and walk her over to my car. 

"Would you like a ride home?" I ask her, "Billy is supposed to take Max and me home but I really don't feel like dealing with him so yes, please. A ride home sounds amazing."