Chapter 19

Y/N

We get to this new house, well not new, but new to me, and park in front of it. Steve gets all of the kids out of the car first and then comes to the back to help me out. 

"I'm sorry... about earlier Steve..."  He looks at me and puts his hand on my cheek, "Y/N... He is really lucky to have you, I would kill for someone to stand up for me like you did for him... Don't be sorry." he tells me and then takes my arm around his shoulders to help me walk inside the house.

We walk inside the house and the guy whose name I think is Jonathan is sitting by the couch with a new kid talking to him. The hot police guy is also in the room talking on the phone "I don't know how many people are left alive!" he yells "I am the police! Chief Jim Hopper!" I think I'm gonna call him Daddy Hopper from now on because phew, something about a man in uniform.

Steve takes me past all of them into a bedroom, probably Jonathan's. "Aren't you worried about me bleeding on this bed?" I ask him "Not really no, kind of pissed off at him right now." he says back "I'm guessing that something happened between him and that Nancy chick and that's why the two of you aren't together anymore?" he looks up at me surprised "H-how did you?" he starts but I interrupt him. "I'm not blind Stevie, she looks at him how you look at her. You obviously still have feelings for her and I'm guessing that people don't leave the great Steve Harrington often. Personally I think she downgraded but what do I know" I end with a chuckle.

He just stares at me and smiles "Hey Steve?" he nods at me "Could you maybe keep staring at me after we fix my leg?" "oh shit" he says and we both laugh while he gets to work fixing me up.